This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jirachi should be changed to Steel/Fairy

#1fissionprimerPosted 6/14/2013 10:38:20 AM
All his apperance call for fairy type, what do you guys think?
---
obvious sticky (;
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 6/14/2013 10:39:12 AM
Dual types shouldn't be changed.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#3MasterSpectrobePosted 6/14/2013 10:51:02 AM
CakeOfLies posted...

Why not?
---
"Super Saiyans playing children's card games in space"
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8537/superyuuma1.jpg
#4ZabuzadonoPosted 6/14/2013 10:52:42 AM
IMO, if anything, it will become Psychic / Fairy, not Steel / Fairy - not that I see it becoming the fairy type...
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#5Strain42Posted 6/14/2013 10:54:48 AM
CakeOfLies posted...

This.

Adding a secondary type is fine. Changing an existing type is kind of a dick move. And not to pull the "tradition, against change, blah blah" card, it's also unprecedented.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#6RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/14/2013 10:54:59 AM
CakeOfLies posted...

I actually disagree. I think a lot of the old psychic legends make more sense as fairies, since that's what they were based upon. To me, Steel/Fairy makes more sense for Jirachi. I hope they change this up, and if nothing else it'd do two things:

1: It'd throw the competitive community for a loop as they have to relearn stuff. Always feels good for us casual players to see them panic.
2: It'd stop people from saying "They won't do this" or "They won't do that". You guys said "they won't have fairy type", yet here we are.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#7reaverzPosted 6/14/2013 11:01:06 AM
Jirachi's (and Celebi's, and Victini's) Psychic powers have been well-established in the canon. It wouldn't make sense if they suddenly stopped being adept psychics. I think it's very telling that all three older Pokemon that acquired the Fairy type are previous mono-type Pokemon.

I wouldn't bet on existing dual-type Pokemon dropping a type for Fairy.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#8fissionprimer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 11:20:44 AM
reaverz posted...
Jirachi's (and Celebi's, and Victini's) Psychic powers have been well-established in the canon. It wouldn't make sense if they suddenly stopped being adept psychics. I think it's very telling that all three older Pokemon that acquired the Fairy type are previous mono-type Pokemon.

I wouldn't bet on existing dual-type Pokemon dropping a type for Fairy.

Jirachi and Victini's signature move is not psychic type, i think their psychic type was added as being the "mysterious" type before, so is really not a problem if they change types.

I don't think Celebi has a signature move.
---
obvious sticky (;
#9GalladetheGreatPosted 6/14/2013 11:48:29 AM
RoleOfGSHC posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

I actually disagree. I think a lot of the old psychic legends make more sense as fairies, since that's what they were based upon. To me, Steel/Fairy makes more sense for Jirachi. I hope they change this up, and if nothing else it'd do two things:

1: It'd throw the competitive community for a loop as they have to relearn stuff. Always feels good for us casual players to see them panic.
2: It'd stop people from saying "They won't do this" or "They won't do that". You guys said "they won't have fairy type", yet here we are.

Those are two extremely bitter and immature reasons.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#10RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/14/2013 11:50:41 AM
GalladetheGreat posted...
RoleOfGSHC posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

Those are two extremely bitter and immature reasons.

True, but I am a rather petty person.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge