This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jirachi should be changed to Steel/Fairy

#11PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 6/14/2013 12:52:33 PM
I am all for changing types and stuff.

If there was ever a time to look back, redefine and rebalance each and every pokemon to make it all BETTER, right now would be the time to do it.

Gen VI is going to set up future gens and how things are done. Adding fairy type may not be as big a deal as say the physical/special split changing, but it changes a lot of other factors and the game should be tweaked now while they still can.

I'd rather have a good list of Fairies that make sense, rather than a list of fairies that are fairies JUST BECAUSE they happen to have a type slot open for it. Honestly, which is more fairy like, Snorlax or Jirachi, for example.There are probably more fairy-like pokemons with the wrong typing (like the placeholder psychic or normal typing for pokemons that are literally described as fairy like) then there are ones with an open slot.

I see no problems with changing the typing of a few here and there. As long as they don;t go crazy with it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#12reaverzPosted 6/14/2013 12:55:04 PM
fissionprimer posted...
Jirachi and Victini's signature move is not psychic type, i think their psychic type was added as being the "mysterious" type before, so is really not a problem if they change types.

I don't think Celebi has a signature move.

That's not really the point. The point is that in the games, the anime, the manga, etc., these Pokemon are stated to be part-Psychic and display their psychic powers.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#13-Oath-Posted 6/14/2013 1:01:25 PM
I'm up for change =]
#14IVIasterJayPosted 6/14/2013 1:05:11 PM
Jirachi would become an Uber troll if it was immune to dragons and both it's fairy-type weaknesses. And that's before the para-hax trolling.

Now I really want it to happen.
#15BountyanPosted 6/14/2013 1:06:41 PM
Celebi and Victini should change to part Fairy. I think Jirachi is fine if it stays though
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#16PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 6/14/2013 1:11:26 PM
reaverz posted...
fissionprimer posted...
Jirachi and Victini's signature move is not psychic type, i think their psychic type was added as being the "mysterious" type before, so is really not a problem if they change types.

I don't think Celebi has a signature move.

That's not really the point. The point is that in the games, the anime, the manga, etc., these Pokemon are stated to be part-Psychic and display their psychic powers.

Can't Logia control all of the elements in the anime? I'm pretty sure in the anime they show it doing a lot of things it probably shouldn't be able to do. My point: the anime/manga should never, and just plain doesn't, dictate what is possible in any of the games. The games and anime have tons of conflicting stories, I'm sure.

Besides, It's not like Jirachi would just be unable to use psychic moves all of a sudden. It's just it's typing.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#17snuffles504Posted 6/14/2013 1:16:01 PM
I agree with the TC. There's really not much of a reason against changing dual-types other than "I don't want it to happen."

And for Jirachi and Celebi having displayed psychic powers in the anime, both Ninetales and Psyduck have been firmly established as psychics, yet neither of them are Psychic type. Neither Celebi nor Jirachi have relied on their Psychic type in Pokemon lore; the former is more concerned with time-travel and guarding the forest and the latter is focused on granting wishes. Neither of those things are expressly Psychic, and in fact would make more sense in relation to the Fairy type. Many Pokemon have psychic abilities and yet are not Psychic (see pretty much every Ghost-type in existence).

For these two in particular, Psychic type has pretty much always been to denote that this Pokemon is a mystical being with mystical powers. Fairy fits that idea more closely than Psychic.
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#18reaverzPosted 6/14/2013 1:20:49 PM
I suppose I won't be all too surprised if Fairy does end up replacing a type of an existing dual-type Pokemon, I just don't think it's likely is all. Celebi, Jirachi, and Victini could very well just learn Fairy-type moves and be "unofficial" Fairy-types the way that Drapion is sort of an "unofficial" Bug-type. I guess we'll wait and see.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]