This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ash's top 5 best pokemon

#11Krio Lv3Posted 6/14/2013 11:25:29 AM
Hanon623 posted...
Primeape lost one on one to Charmander and was conned away from Ash, Muks only victory was against bellsprout.

Ape
Pikachu
Krookodile
Swellow
Sceptile

It's closer to this, sadly Swellow didn't get his usual showing against Latias in Gen 4, if he can use Thunder as Armor he should have been able to take more here.

End of Gen Pikachu
Blaze Infernape
Charizard
Swellow
Sceptile

All and all Ash's 3rd Gen was powerful, his Flying Type took 6 thunderbolt attacks and didn't go down just at their first meet, and in one particular match he took out 4 Pokemon before going down to Ice moves, Swellow is powerful besides for the Thunder Armor.
Pikachu's power keeps swinging, he can take a Legendary one minute and lose to a starter the next.
Sceptile has shown he can handle Legendaries and Fire Types, he's extremely fast and strong.
Infernape is likely Ash's second strongest Pokemon when blazed, for whatever reason it seems as if his other moves besides Fire Types get more powerful as well.
Charizard is clearly Ash's best though, he's always training.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#12Sir WillPosted 6/14/2013 11:26:29 AM
Infernape
Pikachu (as long as it's the end of the season)
Charizard
Snorlax
Sceptile (supposedly, I haven't seen him in action much but people say he's really good)
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#13OsrangerPosted 6/14/2013 11:33:39 AM
Sir Will posted...
Infernape
Pikachu (as long as it's the end of the season)
Charizard
Snorlax
Sceptile (supposedly, I haven't seen him in action much but people say he's really good)

Sceptile is about as inconsistent as pikachu. He wasn't able to do any grass moves after he evolved. I would put Swellow and Donphan/Kingler on that list, but I haven't seen the most recent seasons so my list is rather outdated.

Donphan because of elephant bias, but I don't think he is better than Kingler.

Ash's problem is that he doesn't take out some if his best pokemon except for league championships. Also, why does his Pikachu continue to suck at the beginning of every season? He should be level 100 it something.
---
"Hello, um, you..."
That awkward moment where, after talking to someone every day, you still don't remember their name.
#14Sir WillPosted 6/14/2013 11:43:27 AM
For story reasons. New pokemon each gen with occasional callbacks to his old ones.

And since he keeps pikachu the whole time he has to be powered down some at the start so he's not overpowering everything. It IS stupid to have him fight a fresh starter pokemon though.

Would be nice if they had an after-league thing next time where he used some old pokemon more often, like the battle frontier.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#15Grammar_manPosted 6/14/2013 12:47:37 PM
Hanon623 posted...
Primeape lost one on one to Charmander and was conned away from Ash, Muks only victory was against bellsprout.

Ape
Pikachu
Krookodile
Swellow
Sceptile

Primeape did not lose one-on-one to Charmander, he was first fought by the other two starters.

Either way:

Kanto: Arguable, really. Pikachu is above Charizard on his best days, but fluctuates to much to solidly judge. Also, Bulbasaur actually has a comparable impressive track record against high end opponents.

Judging by legendary fights: Top 2: Pikachu>Charizard.

Orange Islands: Snorlax. Nothing can match this thing for bulk and power- or overall reliability. It does have the flaw of being outsped, but outside of speed demon opponents, it laughs at it's competition for strongest mon on Ash's team.

Johto: Johto was terribly upstaged by Kanto and Snorlax. Bayleef was arguably the strongest mon on the team, though Heracross was impressive in what little screentime it has gotten(though it's actually behind Kingler in that regard, if we bring in the "seldom used"). Bayleef is third of the grass-types. However, Quilava has more actual victories, I believe... note that arguably none of the Johto mons would even make the top 10, much less the Top 5.

Hoenn: Sceptile or possibly Swellow. Corphish is arguably the strongest of Ash's water-type in way of accomplishments, but yeah, Sceptile wins overall. Hoenn also had the by far strongest "early bird" mon: only the Legendary fights can arguably put Sceptile ahead, because Swellow's track record is AMAZING. I'm personally siding with Swellow.

Sinnoh: Infernape.

Unova: Krookodile.

Top 5:

Pikachu
Snorlax
Infernape/Charizard

So, gen-based:
1: Pikachu (at the top of his game). Snorlax and Charizard close behind. Kingler and Primeape have the most impressive win>loss ratio, though.
2: Bayleef or Quilava. Some may argue Heracross.
3: Swellow, in my opinion. Sceptile does have legendary fights, but Swellow was overall more impressive.
4: Infernape
5: Krookodile.

Rating them "intergen" is tough. I'd probably go with Pikachu, Snorlax, Infernape, Swellow and Charizard.

Arguably, Kingler and Primeape should be placed higher, but too few showings, sadly, even if they both have absolutely stunning track records.
#16jimothythekingPosted 6/14/2013 1:04:15 PM
His Buizel was pretty ballin', IMO.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hw7zN.jpg
#17P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/14/2013 1:07:13 PM
Pikachu
Charizard
Sceptile
Infernape
Donphan/Snorlax
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#18PsychoWolfXPosted 6/14/2013 1:16:26 PM
Snivy
Buizel
Muk
Charizard
Haunter
Tauros #21

For no reason other then they're the one I like the most.