This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game Freak is so serious about popularizing Fairy all the Fairy Types are OU.

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 6/14/2013 11:36:42 AM
What is your reaction? - Results (69 votes)
OH ARCEUS YES!
26.09% (18 votes)
Indifferent.
63.77% (44 votes)
MY BELOVED DRAGONS! NOOOO!
10.14% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Azumarill OU
Gardevoir OU
Sylveon OU
Wigglytuff OU

Achieved though multiple methods including but not limited to base stat increases and amazing move sets.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2GalladetheGreatPosted 6/14/2013 11:39:05 AM
Will Marill be OU too?
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 6/14/2013 11:40:04 AM
I'd be saying "NOOOOOO!!!" but not because you think Dragons will be destroyed. Look at Infernape. A fire type in a tier full of rain teams. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Anyway, I'd be upset because it would be incredibly unbalanced. No Fairies would be in UU so any Dragons that DO wind up in UU will dominate. Actually, anything that would be afraid of Fairies would dominate UU.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#4RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/14/2013 12:31:17 PM(edited)
My opinion?

So? I'm not a big competetive player anyways. Plus, if these rumors are true, then hell - I may run for Fairy type gym leader.

My faves are Lilligant, Gardevoir, and Mismagius (in that order). Garde's already confirmed, and the other two are rumored. If that's true, then I'll actually purposefully have an all Fairy team because wynaut?

That's hardly a competetive team, and I'm more of a fan of enjoying my favorite friends anyways.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#5undisputed2386Posted 6/14/2013 12:43:02 PM
This is the same thing that happened back when Steel and Dark types were announced back in the day.

Everyone was using Dark and Steel type Pokemon....and then the novelty wore off.
---
R.I.P. Metal Gear Online - 6/12/08 - 6/12/12
#6HeroSandwichlolPosted 6/14/2013 1:30:45 PM
On a scale from 1 to 10, the amount of care GameFreak has for online competitive battling is a -3.1415926535
---
Ridley for SSB 4! Copy and paste this in your sig to spread the message!
We want Ridley!
#7Dark_EinherjarPosted 6/14/2013 1:35:57 PM
It takes more than just having a super-effective STAB against a popular type to make a Pokémon OU.

Wigglytuff won't be OU, like, ever. Mediocre attack stats, glass defenses and terrible speed.

Azumarill might get somewhere because of Huge Power, but it'll need a powerful Fairy physical STAB (80 BP or more, which will replace Ice Punch for Dragon coverage) move to do so.

Gardevoir will be in trouble unless Fairy is immune to Dragon, because even a resisted STAB Outrage will hurt it badly, as will pretty much every strong unresisted physical move. To make matters worse, it's outsped by most OU Dragons (ties with Dragonite).

Sylveon and the other Gen VI Fairies are still a big "?", because their stats and movepools are unknown.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#8DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 6:09:55 PM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
It takes more than just having a super-effective STAB against a popular type to make a Pokémon OU.

Wigglytuff won't be OU, like, ever. Mediocre attack stats, glass defenses and terrible speed.

Azumarill might get somewhere because of Huge Power, but it'll need a powerful Fairy physical STAB (80 BP or more, which will replace Ice Punch for Dragon coverage) move to do so.

Gardevoir will be in trouble unless Fairy is immune to Dragon, because even a resisted STAB Outrage will hurt it badly, as will pretty much every strong unresisted physical move. To make matters worse, it's outsped by most OU Dragons (ties with Dragonite).

Sylveon and the other Gen VI Fairies are still a big "?", because their stats and movepools are unknown.

The topic is about the hypothetical scenario in which changes including but not limited to base stat increases are made to the shown Fairy Types to boost them into OU.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>