This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What will the Fairy types resistances be?

#1bratzboyPosted 6/14/2013 12:19:43 PM
The leaker said that it would be immune to dragon but is that really all?
#2reaverzPosted 6/14/2013 1:22:38 PM(edited)
It could be, but he also said that he was relying on memory with the type matchups of Fairy, so he may have just forgotten its resistances. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that it might resist the types have have good offensive coverage on the type chart (hits 4 or 5 types super effectively). At least one of Fighting, Ground, Ice, and Rock might be found on Fairy's list of resistances.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#3bratzboy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 12:28:29 PM
reaverz posted...
It could be, but he also said that he was relying on memory with the type matchups of Fairy, so he may have just forgotten its resistances. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that it might resist the types have have good offensive coverage on the type chart (hits 4 or 5 types super effectively). At least one of Fighting, Ground, Ice, and Rock might be found on Fairy's list of resistances.

Lets hope he forgot! It would be lame if it only had 1 immunity and no resistances :/
#4Krazyhand101Posted 6/14/2013 12:30:24 PM
hoping normal types hit fairy with super effective...
---
Wifi FCs in quote.
#5NeonDragon9000Posted 6/14/2013 1:02:41 PM
Offensively:

2x: Dragon, Dark, Fighting
1x: Everything else
1/2x: Fire, Psychic
0x: Nothing

Defensively:

2x: Poison, Steel
1/2x: Nothing
0x: Dragon

UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE, this is how the Fairy-type will play out. It was part of the PokeBeach rumors, which have yet to be proven wrong on anything.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#6bratzboy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 1:17:39 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Offensively:

2x: Dragon, Dark, Fighting
1/2x: Fire, Psychic
0x: Nothing

Defensively:

2x: Poison, Steel
1/2x: Nothing
0x: Dragon

UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE, this is how the Fairy-type will play out. It was part of the PokeBeach rumors, which have yet to be proven wrong on anything.

This is what I'm going by generally but he didn't say that this was all of it though, did he? I think he may have forgotten resistances.
#7NeonDragon9000Posted 6/14/2013 1:18:47 PM
He didn't mention resistances, implying there aren't any. Given the accuracy of the leak, I feel it would have been mentioned.

That said, Pokemon Smash may have hinted Fairy is resistant to Ice. And given why Fairy exists, that makes some sense.

We'll find out soon enough, though.
---
#8bratzboy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 1:22:15 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
He didn't mention resistances, implying there aren't any. Given the accuracy of the leak, I feel it would have been mentioned.

That said, Pokemon Smash may have hinted Fairy is resistant to Ice. And given why Fairy exists, that makes some sense.

We'll find out soon enough, though.

Ouch, poor ice, always getting the lower end of everything :/ I hope it resists either fighting, rock or ground personally. I was also hoping that grass would resist it, I think that would be fair. We'll just have to wait and see, has anyone tried clarifying with pokebeach that fairy had no resistances?
#9NeonDragon9000Posted 6/14/2013 1:24:04 PM
The rumor clearly implied Fairy doesn't resist anything because not a single resistance was listed.

And given the type exists to balance Dragon, it makes perfect sense the way it's set up. And it's strengths (outside of Dragon) also make sense, given they are the elements that are strong to what Fairy is weak to (Fire beats Steel and Psychic beats Poison.)
---
#10bratzboy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 1:27:25 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
The rumor clearly implied Fairy doesn't resist anything because not a single resistance was listed.

And given the type exists to balance Dragon, it makes perfect sense the way it's set up. And it's strengths (outside of Dragon) also make sense, given they are the elements that are strong to what Fairy is weak to (Fire beats Steel and Psychic beats Poison.)

That actually makes sense. I guess Fairy will be more of an offensive type, but that's odd since most of the old pokemon that are rumoured to get it (and most of the one's that have got it) are more defensive based.