This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did Game Freak explain Dark and Steel existing in Gen. II?

#1NeonDragon9000Posted 6/14/2013 2:25:41 PM
People are wondering how Game Freak is going to explain, in-story, how Fairy-types suddenly appeared (and retconned certain Pokemon). But what about in Gen. II, when Magnemite suddenly became half-Steel?

Does anyone remember how that was explained?
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#2RoobitysuPosted 6/14/2013 2:27:58 PM
I remember Jasmine saying that Steel was, in fact, recently discovered in GSC, but HG/SS sorta retconned that, and she says nothing of the sort.

Gen II did try to tell us that they somehow discovered 100 Pokemon and 2 types in three years, but since then, it's been more along the lines of "What do you mean? These things have always existed!"
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82442627/Homika/28125474.png Roxie <3
#3Gray_AreasPosted 6/14/2013 2:28:11 PM
They just said that, through research, it was recently discovered that there were two new types. That's all the explanation they need to give for Fairy too.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#4reaverzPosted 6/14/2013 2:29:49 PM(edited)
It was just "newly discovered," same as all Gen II Pokemon. Though it's important to note that HgSs retconned and removed all references to anything being a new discovery. The Mystery Egg became "just another Pokemon Egg," Pichu wasn't recently discovered (but Professor Elm did discover it first), and Jasmine just talked about the greatness of the Steel-type before her match.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#5kaonohiokalaPosted 6/14/2013 2:31:59 PM
Arceus gave it to them.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#6jEr3mYPosted 6/14/2013 4:07:14 PM
Fairy just wasnt known to people in Kanto through to Unova... And when Kalos was found, the Fairy type was discovered.. It's always existed (theoretically speaking), and tests show, Jiggly, Marril and Gardevour fit said type...

They didn't know Fairy type existed, so they could class something a type they didn't know existed....

Makes perfect sense
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 18 - updated 8 June 2013
#7MaetchPosted 6/14/2013 4:10:06 PM(edited)
Old timeline: Dark- and Steel-types had been discovered in the three years between R/jG/B/Y and G/S/C.

New timeline: Dark- and Steel-types have always existed since FR/LG ret-conned the Kanto era to include such types.
#8Balthor 2001Posted 6/14/2013 4:57:58 PM
This too is Decade's fault!
---
Pi is awesome, Pi is great, Pi does not end, pie for everyone!
Official Drill Arm of the Kid Icarus Uprising Board