This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon type moves on Fairy Type Pokemon

#1VivisqeqPosted 6/14/2013 2:46:00 PM
What of these should the effect be? - Results (236 votes)
Dragon type moves are neutral on Fairy Type Pokemon
10.59% (25 votes)
Dragon type moves aren't very effective on Fairy Type Pokemon
34.75% (82 votes)
Dragon type moves don't effect Fairy Type Pokemon
54.66% (129 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What do you think?
---
STFC
Not changing this line of my sig until Sin Cara wins a World Title or leaves the WWE/gets fired/retires - Started 21/8/2011
#2NeonDragon9000Posted 6/14/2013 2:51:15 PM
The third one because that's what the accurate rumor stated.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#3ZTIger5Posted 6/14/2013 2:52:40 PM
Personally it would make a bit more sense to make them not effective. I don't know much of the lore between dragons and fairies, but it's hard to imagine anything walking away from a dragon's fire breath totally unscathed. Is the immunity a deal-breaker for me? Absolutely not, and it shouldn't be for anyone else. It just means our Dragons need a diverse movepool, which is something I do with all my pokemon anyway.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#4HemerukioPosted 6/14/2013 2:54:46 PM
Have you ever tried to swat a small fly with your hand? It takes a really freakin' long time to nail them.

Either that or the fairies conjure up divine barriers to withstand the dragon attacks.

Gonna guess Fairy is immune to Dragon with those assumptions.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#5snuffles504Posted 6/14/2013 2:59:16 PM
Assuming Fairy represents magic, it really depends on what fiction you're reading.

In some stories, magic is the only thing that can combat/withstand the might of a dragon
In others, dragons are inherently magical creatures and are immune to others' magic.

But apparently Gamefreak is going with the idea that magic is the best counter to a dragon. So in that case, magic could very well be the only actual defense against them. A metal shield or armor could protect you from their claws or even their breath, but a ward or charm could prevent damage altogether.
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#6paramita911Posted 6/16/2013 5:44:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 6/16/2013 5:45:35 AM
The second one because I still think that's the most likely.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#8LSSJ3VegittoPosted 6/16/2013 5:58:18 AM
Second one.

Because Jigglypuff magically becoming immune to a Black Kyurems Outrage is all kinds of silly.
#9Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/16/2013 6:00:21 AM
LSSJ3Vegitto posted...
Because Jigglypuff magically becoming immune to a Black Kyurems Outrage is all kinds of silly.

That's what makes it great
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#10LSSJ3VegittoPosted 6/16/2013 6:05:21 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
LSSJ3Vegitto posted...

That's what makes it great

No it's silly. They go through great lengths to avoid doing something that "could" have been done in previous gen's. Like leafeon needing a mossy stone rather than just a leaf stone like the original eeveelutions etc. Or the Incense breeding stuff.

Now. Suddenly "poof" Jigglypuff tanks world shattering dragon attacks for no reason.

I'd be totally fine with it resisting dragon. But Immune? No.