This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New trailer.

#21NeonDragon9000Posted 6/14/2013 4:37:23 PM
You know it also just occurred to me:

In every game, you are always able to use a Pokemon with a type advantage over the first Gym. When the first Gym is Rock, two of the starters will be strong, or sometimes the Fire starter gets a Steel or Fighting move. When the first Gym was Flying (GSC), you were able to catch a Geodude or trade for Onix. And when the first Gyms were either Grass/Fire/Water or Normal, you either got an elemental monkey with the type advantage or you could catch a Riolu and learn Force Palm.

All that said… Perhaps you can use the pet Rhyhorn against Viola, since Rock beats Bug?
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#22NeonDragon9000Posted 6/14/2013 4:38:12 PM
javel34 posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Fairy attacks are resisted by Fire and Psychic, according to the rumor. This trailer seems to affirm Fire being resistant.

Normal is only resisted by Rock and Steel. So no idea why a Normal attack is being resisted by a Grass-type, UNLESS Gogoat has Solid Rock or some other ability that reduces damage when at full HP.

Well The butterflies attack made the same noise on Froakie...so it might just be a noise or glitch or something.

Is it known what attack the butterfly was using? Could have been an attack resisted by Water.

It could have been a glitch, but such a credible rumor stating Fairy is resisted by Fire-types, and the sound effect seems to affirm that.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#23javel34Posted 6/14/2013 4:48:28 PM(edited)
NeonDragon9000 posted...
javel34 posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Fairy attacks are resisted by Fire and Psychic, according to the rumor. This trailer seems to affirm Fire being resistant.

Normal is only resisted by Rock and Steel. So no idea why a Normal attack is being resisted by a Grass-type, UNLESS Gogoat has Solid Rock or some other ability that reduces damage when at full HP.

Well The butterflies attack made the same noise on Froakie...so it might just be a noise or glitch or something.

Is it known what attack the butterfly was using? Could have been an attack resisted by Water.

It could have been a glitch, but such a credible rumor stating Fairy is resisted by Fire-types, and the sound effect seems to affirm that.

Hmm I guess so because the Noivern(sp?) used boomburst on Chespin right after and didn't make any noise, unless they cut it off. (This was the trailer released before the one shown here)

EDIT: But Zoroark makes the same noise when hit with firespin so I guess it's just the generic "ouch" noise, but we'll see.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.