This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your thoughts on the Gym Leader - Day 18: Clair

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 6/15/2013 6:42:24 AM
Today, it's time to talk about Johto's final Gym Leader, the first Dragon Leader as well, Clair!

You can talk about her in relation to any media.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#2CharizardFirePosted 6/15/2013 6:44:01 AM
She's a decent challenge.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3Misdreavus573Posted 6/15/2013 6:55:32 AM
Clair is a BA, and she uses some of my favorite Dragon types (Dragonair and Kingdra.)

One of my favorites.
#4Nightstar1994Posted 6/15/2013 7:03:17 AM
Awesome in personality, i liked the fact that she didn't wanted to give you badge.

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

She had a Kingdra.

5/5
#5MaetchPosted 6/16/2013 2:00:06 PM
Game-wise, she's a sore loser who uses every excuse she can think of to avoid handing out Badges, and is the one Gym Leader that deserves to get kicked out of her position with all the force of a Hyper Beam.

You go through all the trouble to beat her, only to learn that she's not going to give you a Badge until you complete a trial with her grandfather. You complete the trial, and the first thing she asks is "did you fail?", plus she STILL refuses to hand out the Badge. Only when her grandfather threatens to call Lance does she finally hand over your rightful prize.
#6JustinTheJaggedPosted 6/16/2013 2:11:17 PM
As hot as she is a bad sport.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#7wheeling_gamerPosted 6/16/2013 2:17:40 PM
For some reason, she's always been my favorite gym Leader. Apparently, the creators of the enemy think the same, because soon she's going to appear in what will be her sixth anime episode (Declora Adventures) which is much more than any other Gym Leader (aside from Brock, Cilan, Iris, and Misty) can say.

Gameplay wise, she's a good challenge since Kingdra doesn't really have any weaknesses that you can reliably exploit at that point, and Dragonair can be difficult to take down (particularly in the remakes, where the only Ice-type move you can truly get without raising an Ice Pokémon is the horribly inaccurate Blizzard). Garyados can also be annoying if you don't have any Electric types.

I never saw what was the problem with her not immediately giving you the badge. The sidequests weren't tedious or long, and Crystal/HG/SS made it worth it by giving you Extremespeed Dratini.

Plus, her English anime VA is Megan Hollingshead, who happens to be both fitting for her character and my favorite.
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#8wind64aPosted 6/16/2013 2:18:00 PM
Terrible personality. Seriously she should just accept that she was defeated and deal with it. Her team wasn't too terrible though.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#9MaetchPosted 6/16/2013 2:22:47 PM(edited)
wheeling_gamer posted...
I never saw what was the problem with her not immediately giving you the badge. The sidequests weren't tedious or long, and Crystal/HG/SS made it worth it by giving you Extremespeed Dratini.

The problem isn't her making you jump through added hoops to get the Badge. It's that she actively WANTS you to fail while doing it.

At least in G/S when all you had to do was get that Dragon Fang, she knew when she was beat and willingly accepted you as worthy. From Crystal onward, her personality turned into that of an ungrateful brat.
#10MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/16/2013 2:28:21 PM
JustinTheJagged posted...
As hot as she is a bad sport.

---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.