This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you play Pokemon, and do you support backwards compatibility?

#11ZTIger5Posted 6/15/2013 6:38:51 PM
I try to get into competitive battling on occasion, but I hate using generally accepted builds Smogen and whoever else buts together, instead focusing on versatility and what strategies I think would work. But for the most part, I run through the campaign and work on the pokedex.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#12NinjaKitsunePosted 6/15/2013 7:00:19 PM
I only play single player, and don't really care either way.
---
If you see this, something broke gamefox
#13Thepenguinking2Posted 6/15/2013 7:07:29 PM
I'm a competitive Catch'em all trainer.
I adore BC.
---
Official Starclaw of PGD and Arcanine of team noir!
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#14MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/15/2013 7:11:20 PM
JustinTheJagged posted...
I only play single player and definitely support backwards compatibility as I diligently raise each pokemon I use.

---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#15Moorish_IdolPosted 6/15/2013 7:15:31 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
JustinTheJagged posted...
I only play single player and definitely support backwards compatibility as I diligently raise each pokemon I use.
#16CakeOfLiesPosted 6/15/2013 7:16:45 PM
I EV train and actually care about Natures and movesets and whatnot, but I'm not FULLY competitive. Just semi-competitive.
And I fully support backward compatibility. I don't want to lose my legit EV trained Pokes, Legendaries, and events.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#17UponADarkThornePosted 6/15/2013 9:41:29 PM
I play random WiFi matches, usually try to finish the local Pokedex of each game, and don't care about backwards compatibility either way. I would like to see it, but at the same time, I would quit the game if it was removed if they could keep the 3DS hack-free.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#18MaetchPosted 6/15/2013 9:48:51 PM
I focus on PokÚdex completion, so of course I support backwards-compatibility. Makes it easier to keep my perfect streak of completed PokÚdexes going by sending over everything that was in the prior one.
#19RoobitysuPosted 6/15/2013 9:59:50 PM(edited)
I wonder if people who don't support backwards compatibility due to hacked Pokemon realize that such a move would punish the entire player base for what an exceptionally small portion of the players partake in.
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82442627/Homika/28092302.png Roxie <3
#20bd43Posted 6/15/2013 10:27:37 PM
Roobitysu posted...
I wonder if people who don't support backwards compatibility due to hacked Pokemon realize that such a move would punish the entire player base for what an exceptionally small portion of the players partake in.

If it's the same as in Gen V, then they aren't losing as much as they believe.

Take the Omaster Story. It's cool from a design standpoint. And some of these things are time consuming projects. But beating multiple elite 4s? Nice job with your level 100s. That's not interesting to me. Really, it's not much lost unless you can change the process.

Otherwise, the games have so many options for adding pokemon and completing a dex that Gamefreaks could probably do it with 2 games. Anyone who has or came close to dex completion likely has used online for some. And I know it's become tainted, but the game could even make use of side apps or dlc for a few pokes.

I respect attachments to older mons. But I'd just rather they take what they are doing more seriously because of a need to back track.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.