This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Legendary "dogs" are not even dogs.

#1RedMatadorPosted 6/15/2013 4:30:03 PM
I know that people refer to Entei, Suicune and Raikou as the Legendary Dogs, but they obviously don't have dog features. They're felines, Entei is a lion, Suicune is a leopard, and Raikou is a tiger.

Why do you think that some fans think they're dogs? Just because of the growl? Because they're quadrupeds? Why?

Something that I wanted to get out of my chest, and I also wanted to know other trainers opinion.
---
Lives, lived, will live. Dies, died, will die
#2EnferolunosPosted 6/15/2013 4:31:07 PM
Why the hell would you bring this up unprovoked?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3RedMatador(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 4:32:40 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Why the hell would you bring this up unprovoked?

Unprovoked? Just trying to know what people think, nothing else.
And maybe it has to do with something I heard.

Anyway, do you have an opinion about the topic?
---
#4PsychoWolfXPosted 6/15/2013 4:33:42 PM
Everyone else used to call them dogs, so thats what I went with too. I never even really considered the possibility of them being anything else. I see what you mean though, TC, they DO look more like cats...

At any rate, I have since gotten into the habbit of calling them "beasts" so I'm gonna stick with that.
#5SteveBobPosted 6/15/2013 4:34:06 PM
If you look at their original Gen 2 sprites they do look more like dogs. Once something like that catches on it's unlikely to change.
---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104
#6RedMatador(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 4:36:28 PM
PsychoWolfX posted...
Everyone else used to call them dogs, so thats what I went with too. I never even really considered the possibility of them being anything else. I see what you mean though, TC, they DO look more like cats...

At any rate, I have since gotten into the habbit of calling them "beasts" so I'm gonna stick with that.

Yes, that is something I've been noticing, people have been referring to them more as beasts now, rather than dogs when the game just came out.
---
#7OsrangerPosted 6/15/2013 4:36:43 PM
I just call them beasts.
---
Ooh, sorry about turning you into a cat. Well, you are no longer bald I think that is an improvement. Ack, don't hiss, I'll change you back. Hopefully.
#8koggxPosted 6/15/2013 4:38:35 PM
i mainly just refer to them by name specifically and avoid the whole subject but i have used both "Legendary Beast" and "Legendary Dogs" in the past i mean does it really matter what we refer to them as so long as the others in said conversation understand what your referring to
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#9Faust_8Posted 6/15/2013 4:42:38 PM(edited)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Suicune
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Raikou_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Entei_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Entei and Raikou are cat-like but Suicune is based on something more supernatural. Meaning there is no "overall theme" to them, like the Legendary Birds in the previous Gen.

And then there's this...

"Entei is a Fire-type legendary Pokémon.

It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon.

Along with Raikou and Suicune, it is one of the legendary beasts created by Ho-Oh after the burning of the Brass Tower. Out of the three beasts, Entei is said to represent the flames that burned the Brass Tower. "

This is on all three of their pages, just personalized for each one.

Can we STOP this "debate" now? They're neither all cats or all dogs or all anything else.
---
Faust_8: Would you own slaves if you could?
OW: If I lived on a farm or something, sure. But I have no need of slaves right now.
#10EnferolunosPosted 6/15/2013 4:39:33 PM
RedMatador posted...
Yes, that is something I've been noticing, people have been referring to them more as beasts now, rather than dogs when the game just came out.

Exactly. So why bring it up? You're just going to start more arguments.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you