This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So does the PSS mean that friend codes are gone?

#1EternalNetherPosted 6/15/2013 7:49:21 PM
That can't be right. That's too good to be true. I must have misread it. But I'm seeing that you can simply use the PSS and connect with anyone regardless of if you register their friend codes or not. After years and years of convoluted online infrastructures, there's no way it can suddenly be that simple...
#2Zero97Posted 6/15/2013 8:20:32 PM
how do you "search" that someone?
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#3EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 8:25:25 PM
It just says that you connect to the internet. I'm guessing it's like any game with similar functions. You enter into the PSS and it lists you as being available for trade/battle or something. Hell I don't know. But even if you still have to use friend codes I at least hope it's a simplified system. Having to use the pal pad for friend code registration, having to use 6 different booths for 6 different poorly explained online functions, laggy service, constant disconnects, and a whole slew of other problems really brought down the online aspect of the previous games.
#4Zero97Posted 6/15/2013 8:44:47 PM
EternalNether posted...
It just says that you connect to the internet. I'm guessing it's like any game with similar functions. You enter into the PSS and it lists you as being available for trade/battle or something. Hell I don't know. But even if you still have to use friend codes I at least hope it's a simplified system. Having to use the pal pad for friend code registration, having to use 6 different booths for 6 different poorly explained online functions, laggy service, constant disconnects, and a whole slew of other problems really brought down the online aspect of the previous games.

3DS' friend code is system wide, for all games, the Friend list is integrated in the game in the PSS. :)
---
#5beebarbPosted 6/15/2013 8:46:24 PM
It's sort of a 'yes and no' situation. Friend codes aren't gone, the game will probably just use your 3DS friend code, and given what is known about the PSS, it seems that they might not be making those codes visible in-game, but the codes will show on your 3DS friends list whenever the game adds someone into it.

As to what level of interaction in the game would cause them to be automatically added to your 3DS friends list is up for speculation, but I believe they won't auto-add those who just pass by.
---
Looking forward to Pokemon X and Y.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#6Zero97Posted 6/15/2013 8:48:21 PM
beebarb posted...
It's sort of a 'yes and no' situation. Friend codes aren't gone, the game will probably just use your 3DS friend code, and given what is known about the PSS, it seems that they might not be making those codes visible in-game, but the codes will show on your 3DS friends list whenever the game adds someone into it.

As to what level of interaction in the game would cause them to be automatically added to your 3DS friends list is up for speculation, but I believe they won't auto-add those who just pass by.

since now they can let you add anyone, how about chatting, adding that will make online in the game pretty much perfect.
---