This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, they needed a new type to be super effective against dragons...

#1ChampionRedPosted 6/15/2013 10:47:43 PM
and they chose fairy? Why would fairy be super effective against dragon?
---
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was...
#2scrappybristolPosted 6/15/2013 10:48:43 PM
Because when you wish upon a star.
---
This sig is significant
#3Birth_By_SorrowPosted 6/15/2013 10:48:44 PM
Who said they were?
#4trewerdPosted 6/15/2013 10:51:08 PM
Ever see Cinderella? The climax involved a magic sword enchanted by fairies and a dragon slain by said sword.
---
I like English dubs.
Waiting for Tales of Xillia, Project X Zone, PhoeniX Wright 5, and Pokemon X
#5Sticky_TailsPosted 6/15/2013 10:51:54 PM
because magic beats dragons. Besides its less about being super effective against dragons and more about resisting them (or as rumored being immune to them).
---
"Who cares about "level design" when you can go through everything with a homming attack?" a typical SA2 fan.
#6ChampionRed(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 10:53:54 PM
What? They should really not let Disney get a hold of these stories if they're gonna cut out crap like that.
---
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was...
#7SoleEaterPosted 6/15/2013 10:56:02 PM
Neither fairys or dragons actually exist, so it's not like there are rules to either. Why can't it be super effective against it?
---
Yes, my name is supposed to be "SoleEater" and not "Soul Eater".
http://www.hatclub.com/media/catalog/category/PLAY_CLOTHS.png
#8reaverzPosted 6/15/2013 11:19:45 PM(edited)
It didn't matter what the type was called, it was going to be super effective against the Dragon type (and immune to it, it seems). The fact that the Fairy type could be easily applied to previous-gen Pokemon to quickly let it play catch-up to the rest of the types would have been a plus for GameFreak.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#9tallgeeseIVPosted 6/15/2013 10:59:26 PM
trewerd posted...
Ever see Cinderella? The climax involved a magic sword enchanted by fairies and a dragon slain by said sword.

you mean Sleeping Beauty, unless there is some weird version of Cinderella i've never seen before...
---
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9742/fodderkg8.png
-_-'
#10SocranPosted 6/15/2013 11:06:31 PM
trewerd posted...

To be fair, the dragon was also a fairy. And it was sleeping beauty.

Of course, in Dungeons and Dragons (and The Fairly Oddparents, as a D&D shout-out), dragons are actually resistant to magic.

But ultimately it comes down to the fact that dragons and fairies are both mythical, magical creatures. There had to be some relationship between them, and since Dragon-type has become overpowered lately, that relationship should give Fairy the advantage.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."