This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else wish they could've thought up a better name than "Fairy Type"?

#71MilenninPosted 6/16/2013 10:30:53 AM
I'm used to Fairy from playing Yu-Gi-Oh, I have no problem with the name in Pokémon.
---
Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die today
#72NecroStreak128Posted 6/16/2013 10:33:14 AM
No.
#73kuwab0Posted 6/16/2013 10:34:37 AM
We're playing a game for children, why does it matter if it's called Fairy Type.
#74Unbridled9Posted 6/16/2013 11:16:21 AM
I have no problem at all with the name. I like it a lot. In fact, I like it more than 'magic' or 'cosmic'. The first sounds wishy-washy and too similar to psychic while the second sounds like a lame cop-out.
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#75TK_TitaniumPosted 6/16/2013 11:23:11 AM
I'm fine with fairy type. I only hope they add in some Irish Style Faries, I'm thinking those would probably end up being Fairy/Ghost types.
#76mobius5747Posted 6/16/2013 11:36:15 AM
Hierarchy225 posted...
Nah.

Though Celestial type would have been interesting.

agreed
---
F*** it. I'm not creative enough to have a signature!
#77reaverzPosted 6/16/2013 11:36:40 AM
Lexifox posted...
I believe the Fairy type isn't "Yousei" in Japanese, but actually "Fairy". Like, it's spelled "Fa-e-ri" and not a Japanese word for the type.

Looking into it, it appears you're right. In any case, it was even less likely that the type would have been called anything BUT Fairy...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#78Lux_UltimaPosted 6/16/2013 11:46:45 AM
MaplesGrandGM posted...
Mephilas posted...
Rioken posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Holy type

Religious connotations would never fly.

Yet something that's on a borderline to insulting a certain group of people will.....

Really? REALLY?!

Know what you're talking about before you bother to say anything. Fairy isn't even an insult for the most part to that "certain group of people." There's actually people who are more feminine, that the word is used to describe, not as an insult. Not to even mention CONTEXT.

On top of that, who the f*** cares. They can't take all our words, and make them theirs. It's bad enough religious people do that crap, why we should let a people who happen to be "gay" make us feel like we can use rainbows without representing them, or like we can't use the term Fairy for fear of insulting them? That's ridiculous, why do you exist? Ignorant pestilence. Seriously, I wish some people would just vanish.

Seriously. Learn how to type correct sentences. And stop . If people were smart, they would use words like fairy or gay to insult. They have the right to spaz till people use those terms correctly.
---
Hate me, It fuels my flame of joy,
Destix Star
#79Half-GhostPosted 6/16/2013 12:41:52 PM
I think Fairy is a good name. Fairies don't have to be all cute and stuff.
#80KaitoKazePosted 6/16/2013 12:49:21 PM
Now see, when I hear the word Fairy, MY mind immediately goes to Fairy Tail, so I'm nothing but hyped for it!
---
Currently Playing: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Agarest: Generations of War Zero, Mugen Souls
Eagerly Awaiting: Tales of Xillia, Pokemon X/Y