This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

were they even trying with Spewpa

#21javel34Posted 6/18/2013 8:51:48 PM
Jaricko posted...
Hyohunny posted...
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/6/65/Spewpa.png/240px-Spewpa.png

i don't even

It looks like it kinda skinned the top part of larvesta and used it as a blanket instead of making its own cocoon.

I thought that too lol
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#22MagikarpRulesPosted 6/18/2013 8:52:01 PM
Jaricko posted...
nrevo posted...
RoleOfGSHC posted...
Oh look, one of THESE topics. As if these aren't done to death every new generation anyways. Just hurry up and get to the point where bashing the new gen gets out of style again.

...someone's mad

I think he would prefer the opposite. Okay lets all be unrealistically happy and cheerful.

6th gen is the greatest gen ever and will be amazing. 4th gen was also not terrible and is amazing. Hugs! Sunshine! Lolipop chainsaws!

So, in your expert opinion, there's no possible middle ground here.
#23leadinteaPosted 6/18/2013 8:57:26 PM
I think it's really cute.
---
http://enneagames.livejournal.com/559.html
#24SocranPosted 6/18/2013 8:58:26 PM
Look at the red and yellow squares flying off behind him, though. It seems like they're being blown off in the wind, which makes the bottom part look even more like a billowing cloak or poncho. He is the hero that Lumiose City deserves.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#25dwdwdw6Posted 6/18/2013 11:13:08 PM
Jaricko posted...
nrevo posted...
RoleOfGSHC posted...
Oh look, one of THESE topics. As if these aren't done to death every new generation anyways. Just hurry up and get to the point where bashing the new gen gets out of style again.

...someone's mad

I think he would prefer the opposite. Okay lets all be unrealistically happy and cheerful.

6th gen is the greatest gen ever and will be amazing. 4th gen was also not terrible and is amazing. Hugs! Sunshine! Lolipop chainsaws!

But 4th gen WAS amazing. I don't get your point man.
#26FryDays5000Posted 6/19/2013 10:13:03 AM
beebarb posted...
I actually like it. If the other poster is correct about the pixel-art influence, the whole evolutionary line could have a symbolism to it. In the case of Spewpa to Vivillon it could symbolise a breaking free of the limitiations of pixel art, to the greater freedom of expression offered by cel-shaded 3D art.

I am yet to figure out the possible symbolism of the evolution of Scatterbug to Spewpa.

Scatterbug to Spewpa could reference the early pixel art that only limited black and white to pixel art with colors. Scatterbug only has black pixel squares as Spewpa has black and other colors. Just my guess though :P
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#27mehmetskiPosted 6/19/2013 10:15:08 AM
FryDays5000 posted...
beebarb posted...
I actually like it. If the other poster is correct about the pixel-art influence, the whole evolutionary line could have a symbolism to it. In the case of Spewpa to Vivillon it could symbolise a breaking free of the limitiations of pixel art, to the greater freedom of expression offered by cel-shaded 3D art.

I am yet to figure out the possible symbolism of the evolution of Scatterbug to Spewpa.

Scatterbug to Spewpa could reference the early pixel art that only limited black and white to pixel art with colors. Scatterbug only has black pixel squares as Spewpa has black and other colors. Just my guess though :P

wow never thought there could be so much interpretation in the early route bug
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#28MonkeyDTimPosted 6/19/2013 4:39:53 PM
were they even trying with grimer/muk?
---
3DS Friend Code is 2964-8850-6867
#29CM_PonchPosted 6/19/2013 5:40:50 PM
He's my favorite part of the line
---
http://i.imgur.com/ut3tgIT.png
#30P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 6/19/2013 5:44:19 PM
mehmetski posted...
FryDays5000 posted...
beebarb posted...

wow never thought there could be so much interpretation in the early route bug

Yeah but it does kind of make sense. I like it; nickname inspiration for sure!
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.