This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In Gen 3 your father was the gym leader..

#11paiprPosted 6/16/2013 7:02:29 AM
Lexifox posted...
Wallace wasn't that bad and I still don't get the hate.

That said, Norman actually lived in Littleroot. NPCs state that he walk to Petalburg and back.

i think half the hate is cause it made no since for him to become champion. plus that meant that you had the 8th gym use water types, and the champion. plus steven was an ok champion, and why not wally?

but yeah did it say norman walked? cant remember.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#12LexifoxPosted 6/16/2013 7:05:20 AM
paipr posted...
i think half the hate is cause it made no since for him to become champion. plus that meant that you had the 8th gym use water types, and the champion. plus steven was an ok champion, and why not wally?

Steven was nomadic enough that it'd make sense for him to not be champion anymore. Also don't get the same complaint about typing with Clair and Lance. Wally would have been fantastic, though.

It did.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#13GalladetheGreatPosted 6/16/2013 5:45:24 PM
Lexifox posted...
paipr posted...

Steven was nomadic enough that it'd make sense for him to not be champion anymore. Also don't get the same complaint about typing with Clair and Lance. Wally would have been fantastic, though.

It did.

Clair doesn't use Flying types.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#14InhaledCornPosted 6/16/2013 5:54:22 PM
I think that would be awesome and a totally unexpected twist.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#15anapple77Posted 6/16/2013 5:58:46 PM
What if your mom was the main villain?
#16meepownedPosted 6/16/2013 6:32:32 PM
That would be an interesting plot twist. I'd gladly accept mom being champion. :)
---
Then for the following 777 days, the king of demons will appear and stick his finger up your nose. Every. Single. Day. - Presea Combatir
#17spamamdorfPosted 6/19/2013 8:28:51 AM
GalladetheGreat posted...
Lexifox posted...
paipr posted...

It did.

Clair doesn't use Flying types.

Come to think you're right Lance actually doesn't use dragons as much as he uses flying types, that's really weird to think about considering how much Clair and co went on about him being the master of dragons
#18MrMahoPosted 6/19/2013 8:32:18 AM
Honestly, I've always wanted the mother in the game to actually have some important role like a Champion. Not a mother that's all, "Hey, I just bought you a piece of crap that you'll never use, with your money and put it in your PC! Love you!" I hated her for that in G/S.
---
Official Miror Admin with Shadow Gardevoir and Shadow Dusclops
#19OsrangerPosted 6/19/2013 8:36:35 AM
MrMaho posted...
Honestly, I've always wanted the mother in the game to actually have some important role like a Champion. Not a mother that's all, "Hey, I just bought you a piece of crap that you'll never use, with your money and put it in your PC! Love you!" I hated her for that in G/S.

Honestly, that super potion happened to be a life saver.
---
There will come soft rains, the winds of time will blow, the sun will set, and as we lie in our earthen beds, the world will move on.
#20MrMahoPosted 6/19/2013 10:27:47 AM
Osranger posted...
MrMaho posted...

Honestly, that super potion happened to be a life saver.

Regardless if it was a life saver for you or not, she did buy a bunch of other crap that was pretty worthless as well, and I would like to see the mother have a bigger role.
---
Official Miror Admin with Shadow Gardevoir and Shadow Dusclops