The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any mention how you will transfer your Pokemon to Pokemon X?

#1Safer_777Posted 6/16/2013 3:50:16 AM
I mean the only versions that hadn't any backwards compatibility was generation 3.In all others you could transfer Pokemon.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#2MilsoPosted 6/16/2013 3:53:52 AM
Only that "they're working on it". It'll most likely be some sort of 3DS app.
---
rawr
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 6/16/2013 5:43:23 AM
If they can't get an app to do it, they could always do the same exact thing they did for Gen 5. My DS connects to a 3DS for that quite easily so it shouldn't be a problem.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#4blackshoelacePosted 6/16/2013 6:52:39 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
If they can't get an app to do it, they could always do the same exact thing they did for Gen 5. My DS connects to a 3DS for that quite easily so it shouldn't be a problem.

The handheld consoles can, yes, but not the games themselves.
---
GoldenEye 007: [DS]Renfreak @ 2641-0130-7739
#5XcZeus3469Posted 6/16/2013 7:07:42 AM
blackshoelace posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

a 3ds running a ds game can link to a DS because the game platform is still the same. What you're trying to do with transferring pokemon is functionally the equivalent of transferring N64 data to gamecube
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#6AlphaDiamondPosted 6/16/2013 7:25:21 AM
XcZeus3469 posted...
blackshoelace posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

a 3ds running a ds game can link to a DS because the game platform is still the same. What you're trying to do with transferring pokemon is functionally the equivalent of transferring N64 data to gamecube

but you are not trying to link two DS games, you want to link a 3DS game with a DS game, and by now, there is no way to do that. they could try it, but it will be a bit hard to do. so the 3DS app is a better option. also, you wouldn't need a second DS/3DS system in order to transfer: you introduce the DS game, open the app and put in the pokemon, then change the game with Pokemon X/Y and transfer them.
#7XcZeus3469Posted 6/16/2013 10:19:06 AM
AlphaDiamond posted...
XcZeus3469 posted...
blackshoelace posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

but you are not trying to link two DS games, you want to link a 3DS game with a DS game, and by now, there is no way to do that. they could try it, but it will be a bit hard to do. so the 3DS app is a better option. also, you wouldn't need a second DS/3DS system in order to transfer: you introduce the DS game, open the app and put in the pokemon, then change the game with Pokemon X/Y and transfer them.

that's precisely what I was saying with different wording. Except the app, because I didn't touch on that. But regarding that, it would seem that's the only option that seems feasible, unless they do some sort of online server storage, but that has its own set of problems
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#8AysanderPosted 6/16/2013 3:55:20 PM
Online storage = angry 12 yr old mad about losing to you over WiFi hacking you and screwing you over entirely.

Say no to the "Cloud" for pokemon transfers. XD
#9NekoHime64Posted 6/16/2013 4:00:05 PM
Aysander posted...
Online storage = angry 12 yr old mad about losing to you over WiFi hacking you and screwing you over entirely.

Say no to the "Cloud" for pokemon transfers. XD

Or maybe people who actually care about their old pokemon will get screwed. Ya'know?
---
Unofficial Sneasel of anything ever.
"I'm a girl btw." - TherianReturns
#10pokemonfreak97Posted 6/18/2013 2:29:16 PM
A 3DS app would work.

We know that a 3DS app and a DS game can connect from Dream Radar. It logically follows that a 3DS app and a 3DS game can connect.
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.