This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Every Region & Pokemon

#11_DerPosted 6/16/2013 4:14:13 AM
With the 3ds in mind, I believe a spin-off of the main series games with every region &
pokemon up to this point would be phenomenal.

Oak opens asks your gender, age, what u look like & what region ur from. Ur given ur starter by the regions prof. (a pokemon native to the region, it's uncommon to find & its evo's are rare in the wild) but soon after all the rare pokemon in the professors lab are stolen by a new antagonist organization working in conjunction with each evil group & it's up to u too stop them. The gym leaders, elite 4 & champions aren't aware of this new danger & its up too u (on your quest to become a pokemon master) too let them know (no one believes u until u beat them in battle). Each regions evil group will try to stop u in their respective region but its your job too get through them & build up a strong team to stop the main antagonists in an end-game final battle (along side red, blue, cynthia, lance etc).

Now, I understand there could be some concerns but let me address them:

Game Cartridge Space - The 3ds has the capacity for up too 8GB of space... u could fit Skyward Sword & Monster Hunter Tri onto the cartridge so there won't be a problem.

Leveling - The amount of time it takes to actually raise a full team of 6 to lvl 100.... would finally be filled seamlessly, no more repetitive grinding. But how many of u actually use the same team each region? Ha! Be honest. You'll at least have a few pokemon on rotation... remember some pokemon are region exclusive, so even if ur stubborn enough to say u'll only use 6 it's possible all 6 aren't going to be available to u right off the bat... which leads into my next point...

Trading - A fundamental part of pokemon... with starers available in the wild (in this spin-off title) along with every other pokemon wouldn't this be pointless? No. There are still region specific pokemon, for ppl who want to rush through the game & cut exploring down trading is the way to go and have we forgotten about natures? Unless this game has a pokedex that can identify natures before capturing ur still going to have to grind hard for that.

Legendaries - It will be harder to find wild legendary's, and stationary legends will have spin-off story's to complete before they appear in their locations.

Money Making - They should charge $60 or even $80 to make up for the additional work/content. I'm not adverse to paying that considering what I'd be getting & I'm sure other ppl would feel the same.

Discuss.
---
Master Gamer.
#2EmeraldRangePosted 6/16/2013 6:24:39 AM
I've always wanted a game like this but I believe you did address leveling ... in another perspective. My friend is an extreme grinder and his entire team is Lv. 20 by the first gym and ascending by ten until the champion is fought with a level 100 team even in the Johto games. I, myself reach a level of 87 or so by the time I fight the elite four. Thus, six regions would mean that my pokemon would never grow after the second regions' third or so gym. A simple solution to this could and probably would outrage thousands of fans- raise the max level. Despite this, It would be very fun to explore all regions freely after the first one. This game would please even genwunners who could just stay in Kanto ignorant of the outside world.
---
I loathe Gen V. I am being optimistic for Gen VI,
because I hope they can make a good new feature.
#3beebarbPosted 6/16/2013 6:38:59 AM
This is one of those things that only a select group want, that only seems good written down, but would never happen because it isn't practical. Mostly due to factors such as development time.

A big project like this could take up to 8 years to finish, which as we know, two new generations and a new Nintendo handheld could pass by in that time making the game out of date if completed, or render the whole project a perpetual waste of time.

Would I like something like this? Sure, but I also know it isn't practical, and will never happen for more reasons than the one I have mentioned.
---
Looking forward to Pokemon X and Y.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#4XazealPosted 6/16/2013 6:44:43 AM(edited)
Oh, this again.

Is this idea awesome on paper? Yes.

Would the game be as awesome as we expected it to? Not even close. Just look at how bad they screwed up just by trying to have Johto and Kanto in the same game, and now add four more regions. This idea, for several reasons that have been listed over and over again before, simply is not practical in the real world. It will not happen, get over it.
#51_Der(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 4:05:35 PM
EmeraldRange posted...
I've always wanted a game like this but I believe you did address leveling ... in another perspective. My friend is an extreme grinder and his entire team is Lv. 20 by the first gym and ascending by ten until the champion is fought with a level 100 team even in the Johto games. I, myself reach a level of 87 or so by the time I fight the elite four. Thus, six regions would mean that my pokemon would never grow after the second regions' third or so gym. A simple solution to this could and probably would outrage thousands of fans- raise the max level. Despite this, It would be very fun to explore all regions freely after the first one. This game would please even genwunners who could just stay in Kanto ignorant of the outside world.

Wow. I've been playing pokemon since the beginning, I'm 26 and I can say with complete certainty I've never had a team at 100 before the E4. U guys are some pretty dedicated grinders, right on. If u guys r using the same team each region, with no change ups to ur roster what so ever I could c how u might b alienated.

I don't think the levels should ever be changed... but I wouldn't want hardcore gamers like u & ur friend alienated in a game like this. Did u read the part I posted about region specific pokemon? Maybe there's hope yet.

beebarb posted...
This is one of those things that only a select group want, that only seems good written down, but would never happen because it isn't practical. Mostly due to factors such as development time.

A big project like this could take up to 8 years to finish, which as we know, two new generations and a new Nintendo handheld could pass by in that time making the game out of date if completed, or render the whole project a perpetual waste of time.

Would I like something like this? Sure, but I also know it isn't practical, and will never happen for more reasons than the one I have mentioned.

There already have all the blueprints, all that needs to happen is the 3d conversion (transformation?) & we're a go aside from the obvious story elements. I mean, they should change a few things up to capture some interest but that could just happen in dlc.

I appreciate your input though, and I would agree with u if everything had to be built from the ground up but if they already have the blueprints that should cut the time in half at least imo. Hmm.

Xazeal posted...
Oh, this again.

Is this idea awesome on paper? Yes.

Would the game be as awesome as we expected it to? Not even close. Just look at how bad they screwed up just by trying to have Johto and Kanto in the same game, and now add four more regions. This idea, for several reasons that have been listed over and over again before, simply is not practical in the real world. It will not happen, get over it.

You should play HG/SS, everything was fixed and then some. Kanto was bigger than it ever had been & more lively than it ever had been. Same with Johto. I think, that was Nintendo showing us that they could handle doing 2 regions now just fine. And that entire game was fitted onto a 128mb game cartridge. Now imagine what they could do with 8gb...
---
Master Gamer.
#6SlimeStackPosted 6/16/2013 4:11:46 PM
HGSS did not fix the two region issue. Johto and Kanto were still individually smaller than any other region, Kanto had no plot or any kind of engaging progression, and the levels of enemy Pokémon were incredibly low.

You would also have to be levelling extremely slow to get through 6 regions with one team. Like Korean MMO slow. Forcing or encouraging a new team in each region would also suck.

There is absolutely no way a 6 region adventure would be able to maintain the same quality that one big well-developed region would.
---
Awaiting: AC4, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I, Zelda: ALBW
#7Ultima546Posted 6/16/2013 4:13:22 PM
Something like this could work, but only as a PC game, where Gamefreak could continually update it with the new regions, Pokemon, events, etc.

It would be awesome, and I would love it, but I don't know that GF really wants to develop in that direction; partly because they're a first-party developer for Nintendo, and that wouldn't go over as well in the computer market.

Otherwise, I couldn't see them even considering the idea due to development being a constant factor that couldn't be resolved offline (maybe they could do DLC, but that feels half-assed).
---
This signature is reserved for a witty remark... of which I have none.
#8Kernel_FleckPosted 6/16/2013 4:21:52 PM
It'll never work, just because of the level balance issues. You couldn't have all the regions simply because of the gyms. With 6 regions and eight gyms(Ignoring individual E4s) the first region would cap out at like level 16, then the next region 32 and so forth. If you make the gyms trivial out at like 50 or even like 80, your Pokemon would still keep leveling, and that would make the fights unbalanced. Maybe after the 3rd region make all pokemon level 100, but that would be crazy boring. It just won't work.
#9beebarbPosted 6/16/2013 5:04:35 PM
1_Der posted...
There already have all the blueprints, all that needs to happen is the 3d conversion (transformation?) & we're a go aside from the obvious story elements. I mean, they should change a few things up to capture some interest but that could just happen in dlc.

I appreciate your input though, and I would agree with u if everything had to be built from the ground up but if they already have the blueprints that should cut the time in half at least imo. Hmm.

Based upon your answer it is clear to me you have no idea about the development process. For one thing, 'blueprints' in this context aren't used in game development. Besides, the only thing they have for a project like this are the maps, and including those wouldn't shave off any development time, as they would have to be redesigned and rebuilt for the new game engine.

So everything would have to be rebuilt from the ground up. Even if they had some usable resources (which they probably don't aside from the cries they constantly recycle), development time would still take about 7 years or more. 3D work is extremely complicated, they didn't just begin working on X and Y sometime this year you know, it was probably in the works at least since before Black 2 and White 2 were released. All that time for just ONE region.

So please, no more of this. The ignorance is maddening!
---
Looking forward to Pokemon X and Y.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#101_Der(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 2:16:06 PM(edited)
beebarb posted...
1_Der posted...

Based upon your answer it is clear to me you have no idea about the development process. For one thing, 'blueprints' in this context aren't used in game development. Besides, the only thing they have for a project like this are the maps, and including those wouldn't shave off any development time, as they would have to be redesigned and rebuilt for the new game engine.

So everything would have to be rebuilt from the ground up. Even if they had some usable resources (which they probably don't aside from the cries they constantly recycle), development time would still take about 7 years or more. 3D work is extremely complicated, they didn't just begin working on X and Y sometime this year you know, it was probably in the works at least since before Black 2 and White 2 were released. All that time for just ONE region.

So please, no more of this. The ignorance is maddening!

And what qualifies you too make such an assertion? Please, list your development qualifications since you're so confident that x & y were "probably in development since before black and white 2".... lol.

Here's my opinion: If they already have the locations, if they already have the characters models, if they already have their 3d environment designs (water, trees, mountains) & if they already have every pokemon in existence in 3d than making this game wouldn't be too difficult/take too long to develop.

The method of 3d conversion, as they present in this video sounds no where near as difficult as you say it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrL3I38VO3o#t=02m27s

If they already have their "set up sheets" (character designs, maps, etc) the 3d conversion, contrary to what you've said, would be quite seamless.
---
Master Gamer.