This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which generation's designs are most distinct from the rest?

#1iKhanicPosted 6/16/2013 6:26:07 AM
For me, I'd say gen 1. Other gens have designs that could be easily confused between each other. If someone told me Sunflora was a gen V poke, and I didnt know better, I'd believe them. If someone told me Rapidash was a gen V poke and I didn't know better, It'd seem a bit odd.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2mehmetskiPosted 6/16/2013 6:30:37 AM
i think its gen5. they are (mostly) too comicky. they tried to match the american style (especially the faces i think) and that doesnt feel right with pokemon.
#3TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 6/16/2013 6:33:26 AM
gen 3's Imo. Because most are just outright ugly as hell so i usually identify them with ease.
---
It's a pleasure when you treasure all that's new & true & gay!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 We are one having fun walking in the glow of love..
#4agent9149Posted 6/16/2013 6:35:11 AM
Gen three.
#5DoctorApolloPosted 6/16/2013 6:47:15 AM
I think gen 3 and gen 4 could be confused pretty easily, actually. Fair enough Bidoof is clearly gen 4, but Kricketune, Mothim, Chimecho, and Shinx are all examples of pokemon that look like they could easily be from either.

I think a lot of Johto Pokemon could pass up as Kanto, but the real difference comes when it's a few generations apart. Zoroark is very clearly not from Kanto, and Charizard is very clearly not from Unova, but if i was told Zoroark is from Sinnoh, it would be pretty believable. The designs evolved but generations are still very similar to those closest to them.

(But i think theres a divide where kanto/johto are pretty similar and hoenn/sinnoh are pretty similar.)
#6TyranidomegaPosted 6/16/2013 6:52:16 AM
^Since you mention that, a little fun fact: Gastrodon was originally meant to be a Gen 3 Pokemon
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#7EnferolunosPosted 6/16/2013 6:54:24 AM
Gen 1. After gen 1, they started to be a lot less realistic.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#8mehmetskiPosted 6/16/2013 6:56:37 AM
Enferolunos posted...
Gen 1. After gen 1, they started to be a lot less realistic.

without putting any judgement wether thats good or bad, this is totally true.