This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it right to enslave pokemon and kidnap them from their family?

#31dodgekk9Posted 6/16/2013 6:12:43 PM
It IS RIGHT (as in okay) to enslave animals and kidnap them from their family in the United States. People have pets, some cities have zoos, circuses have exotic animals, and the list goes on.

Unless your in PETA, that view would be perfectly acceptable.
---
youtube.com/platinumphalanges - My Youtube channel for RE 6 Mercenaries/ COD BlackOps2
I HATE the new GameFAQs layout
#32GeminiX7Posted 6/16/2013 6:36:18 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Video game. Video game. Video game. Video game. Video game.
Fictional.
Not real.
Not reality.
no es real
fake
no se

Whats your point? A concept being morally right or wrong has nothing to do with it being real or not. If Superman used his XRay vision to spy on women changing and his super speed to cop a feel without them noticing, would it be wrong(NO!)? It doesn't matter if he's not a real person, the concepts behind the question are real, and can therefore be discussed.

Is the enslavement/capture/recruitment of a sentient being like Pokemon wrong is the question being asked. Some people say yes, as they think it's basically slavery. Some say it's not because it's more "recruitment" than slavery and the Pokemon and trainer work together. How does it being real or not real make the discussion any less worth having?
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
#33lordofpalkiaPosted 6/16/2013 6:38:45 PM
Of course it's right.
---
You don't need a tank to play Monopoly, but it just makes it that much better.
#34GeminiX7Posted 6/16/2013 6:39:09 PM
dodgekk9 posted...
It IS RIGHT (as in okay) to enslave animals and kidnap them from their family in the United States. People have pets, some cities have zoos, circuses have exotic animals, and the list goes on.

How about a mentally challenged/feral child? Would that be okay? Because as both the show and the games have shown, even the dumbest Pokemon have at least that level of intelligence. Unless the argument is simply that it's okay because they aren't human, rather than aren't sentient/intelligent.

In that case, I'd respect the belief but at the same time reject the core notion.
---
#35acerola-orionPosted 6/16/2013 6:40:04 PM
no, it's wrong and you should stop playing pokemon forever
#36Ari917Posted 6/16/2013 6:41:57 PM
Pft, I'm their family now!
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#37Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 6/16/2013 6:43:18 PM
people think humans are violent and evil creatures?

you should see some of the stuff that happens in nature! killer whales will gang up and kill helpless seals for no reason at all. not even for food. they just find one and then beat it up until it dies!

then there are male mallards that will gang up in groups and forcibly mate with one female
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#38dodgekk9Posted 6/16/2013 6:43:20 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
dodgekk9 posted...

How about a mentally challenged/feral child? Would that be okay? Because as both the show and the games have shown, even the dumbest Pokemon have at least that level of intelligence. Unless the argument is simply that it's okay because they aren't human, rather than aren't sentient/intelligent.

Mentally challenged humans aren't taken from their family unless CPS is involved. I wasn't talking about and I did NOT mention humans. If the animal was mentally challenged or feral, they would be safer in the hands of a human rather than the wild because wild animals may kill or neglect their mentally challenged animal child. Either that or they become easy prey for the hunters in the wild.
---
youtube.com/platinumphalanges - My Youtube channel for RE 6 Mercenaries/ COD BlackOps2
I HATE the new GameFAQs layout
#39kakashik99992Posted 6/16/2013 6:46:27 PM
Of course the most correct way to raise a good at battle young pokemon much like a human child is to kidnap him since young and make him kill his family(like we do on the routes) so he can be a well oiled battle machine

Just ask the child soldiers out there in the world fighting while you make those topics
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#40GeminiX7Posted 6/17/2013 6:00:13 AM
dodgekk9 posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
dodgekk9 posted...

Mentally challenged humans aren't taken from their family unless CPS is involved. I wasn't talking about and I did NOT mention humans. If the animal was mentally challenged or feral, they would be safer in the hands of a human rather than the wild because wild animals may kill or neglect their mentally challenged animal child. Either that or they become easy prey for the hunters in the wild.

You kinda just completely ignored my question... let me rephrase it... "Is it an intelligence thing that makes it okay to you, or simply the fact that they are non-human?"
---