This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is the worst enemy for Espeon: Scizor, Tyranitar, or Alakazam?

#21Whats_Up4444Posted 6/16/2013 12:03:00 PM
Well, I'd say for Espeon the weakest out of these three is Scizor. Most people I fight use X-Scissors which means Espeon can safely use a HP Fire and I believe OHKO. (At least on my set up)
---
Oh no! My gumballs! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!
#22Noctus3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 12:10:19 PM(edited)
MrFingers07 posted...
Heatran can use Lava Plume for decent damage and burn chance. They do not equal out.

Also I've never seen an Espeon with HP Ground before. e_e

I've used it. I've destroyed so many Hearrans. I'm currently deciding if I should keep HP fighting for Tyranotar, but it doesn't fully take it out without prior damage. It works if I've Burned it with my Prankster sableye. I could use HP Fire in sun plus Calm minds to destroy Scizor or most slower sweepers. ground for Heatran. It's just a matter of speed. However Alakazam just decimates.

My current set is

Espeon@Life orb
Timid

-calm mind
-morning sun
- psyshock
- HP fire/fighting/ground

The sun helps with recovery, psyshock breaks walls, and HP is self explanatory. Espeons perfect partners are Prankster Sableye that burns his opponents so he doesn't go down as fast and keeps residual damage while espeon sets up or goes straight for the kill. porygon2 is an amazing wall that traces flash fire from heatran or poison heal from Gliscor. Surprisingly most fling their toxic orb and poison it giving great recovery. Those three are awesome mons and go great together.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#23iKhanicPosted 6/16/2013 12:11:55 PM
Tyranitar. Espeon is at it's best on Sun teams, where it's morning sun is boosted. Plus, in the sun HP Fire gets a boost to kill Scizor. HP Fight doesn't ever get a boost, and Sand Stream shuts down Espeon's ability to heal.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#24hiphops_saviorPosted 6/16/2013 12:12:32 PM
Noctus3 posted...
MrFingers07 posted...
Heatran can use Lava Plume for decent damage and burn chance. They do not equal out.

I've used it. I've destroyed so many Hearrans. I'm currently deciding if I should keep HP fighting for Tyranotar, but it doesn't fully take it out without prior damage. It works if I've Burned it with my Prankster sableye. I could use HP Fire in sun plus Calm minds to destroy Scizor or most slower sweepers. ground for Heatran. It's just a matter of speed. However Alakazam just decimates.

My current set is

Espeon@Life orb
Timid

-calm mind
-morning sun
- psyshock

The sun helps with recovery, psyshock breaks walls, and HP is self explanatory. Espeons perfect partners are Prankster Sableye that burns his opponents so he doesn't go down as fast and keeps residual damage while espeon sets up or goes straight for the kill. porygon2 is an amazing wall that traces flash fire from heatran or poison heal from Gliscor. Surprisingly most fling their toxic orb and poison it giving great recovery. Those three are awesome mons and go great together.

You're better off using Reuniclus for this set instead. Slower, but bulkier and won't get Pursuit trapped as easily as Espeon by Scizor.
#25scrappybristolPosted 6/16/2013 12:24:23 PM
Whats_Up4444 posted...
Well, I'd say for Espeon the weakest out of these three is Scizor. Most people I fight use X-Scissors which means Espeon can safely use a HP Fire and I believe OHKO. (At least on my set up)

Really? I see U-Turn more than X-Scissor and if Espeon already has some damage to it than a Choice Banded Bullet Punch will KO it.
---
This sig is significant
#26Noctus3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 12:58:03 PM
hiphops_savior posted...
Noctus3 posted...
MrFingers07 posted...

My current set is

Espeon@Life orb
Timid

-calm mind
-morning sun
- psyshock

You're better off using Reuniclus for this set instead. Slower, but bulkier and won't get Pursuit trapped as easily as Espeon by Scizor.

I actually did not think of using Reuniclus. That's certainly an option.
---
#27Whats_Up4444Posted 6/16/2013 1:13:10 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Whats_Up4444 posted...

Really? I see U-Turn more than X-Scissor and if Espeon already has some damage to it than a Choice Banded Bullet Punch will KO it.

While that is true, most people think "Oh, Psychic, better use my U-Turn/X-Scissor/Pursuit" which none of which have priority, and I actually just said X-Scissor because that's what I always assume they're using.

One thing to note, I use Espeon on Sunny Day teams so it could be the reason why I OHKO Scizor with HP Fire.
---
Oh no! My gumballs! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!
#28Noctus3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 1:14:57 PM
Whats_Up4444 posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Whats_Up4444 posted...

While that is true, most people think "Oh, Psychic, better use my U-Turn/X-Scissor/Pursuit" which none of which have priority, and I actually just said X-Scissor because that's what I always assume they're using.

One thing to note, I use Espeon on Sunny Day teams so it could be the reason why I OHKO Scizor with HP Fire.

Same here. Plus burn status helps Espy soak up the damage.
---