This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this a good moveset for Sylveon?

#1MetaDeDeDePosted 6/16/2013 12:32:34 PM(edited)
For me i am thinking of this

Sylveon@Life Orb
Nature: Modest/Timid
252 Special Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Moon Blast
Hidden Power Ground
Work Up
Yawn/Detect/Baton Pass

Moon Blast is your normal Stab move while hidden power Ground hit Poison and Steel hard, while allow it to hit Fire and Psychic types that would normally wall it. Work Up allow it to set up a sweep. There are many thing that it can use as a 4th option. Yawn can be used to force a switch out. Detect allow it to scout for Steel and poison move and Baton Pass allows it to retreat while passing on the boost it gain from Work up to it's team member.

This is based on what i know about Sylveon's move set but what do you think about this

P.S.-I am not a leaker, i am just thinking about a moveset to teach Sylveon.

Edit: Title Edited.
---
What do you guys think about the fairy type?
Snorlax: This is delicious. Iris: O_O Charizard: Doe this mean i am in OU now? Pikachu: No es fake.
#2MetaDeDeDe(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 12:45:47 PM
Bump!!!

Anyone???
---
What do you guys think about the fairy type?
Snorlax: This is delicious. Iris: O_O Charizard: Doe this mean i am in OU now? Pikachu: No es fake.
#3pokemon2pokerPosted 6/16/2013 12:49:56 PM(edited)
How deluded are you? You're coming up with a moveset for a pokemon who has no competitive information available outside of the moves Eevee learns in gens 3-5, and that's assuming those moves will carry over to gen 6. For all we know, pokemon may not be transferable from old games, and Eevee might even have a different movepool in gen 6. You don't even know Sylveon's base stats, which is critical information in determining sets and builds. Why come up with a set for a pokemon you have little to no information for? It seems pretty silly to me.
---
A+E
#4Noctus3Posted 6/16/2013 12:48:44 PM
Espeon.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#5GilgameshSwordsPosted 6/16/2013 12:48:45 PM
It all depends whether Moon Blast is Physical or Special
---
http://www.techieanalyst.net/index.php?/index
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9346/hellraiseriii3hellonear.jpg
#6Noctus3Posted 6/16/2013 12:50:09 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
How deluded are you? You're coming up with a moveset for a pokemon who has no competitive information available outside of the moves Eevee learns in gens 1-5, and that's assuming those moves will carry over to gen 6. For all we know, pokemon may not be transferable from old games, and Eevee might even have a different movepool in gen 6. You don't even know Sylveon's base stats, which is critical information in determining sets and builds. Why come up with a set for a pokemon you have little to no information for? It seems pretty silly to me.

I think he is joking.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#7FreeDreamer12Posted 6/16/2013 12:51:41 PM
But..... We don't even know what its stats are.... But oh well! :)
#8MetleonPosted 6/16/2013 1:00:47 PM
I guess HP Ground could be nice if Metagross is a problem, but I think Scizor will still be a huge problem due to likely being able to take one Moon Blast (even if unresisted) and respond with a Bullet Punch. I think you'd be better off with:

Life Orb
Work Up/(some other SpAtk boosting move if it gets one)
Moonblast
HP Fire/Ground
Shadow Ball/Baton Pass

OR

Leftovers
Substitute
Baton Pass
Moonblast
HP Fire/some sort of boosting move

The first set is designed to sweep and take out Steel-types that will try to kill it as well as Psychic-types that will try to wall it. HP Ground is mostly for Heatran, since the other currently OU Fire-types won't like taking a +1 Shadow Ball after SR damage, anyway. Poison types won't like taking a Moonblast, anyway.

The sub set would be designed to lure Scizor in and then OHKO it with HP Fire. Sylveon may also be able to 2HKO Metagross with the same move and Substitute keeps Bullet Punch from taking out Sylveon. Baton Pass is so you can hand your Sub off to something like Gyarados or a Dragon-type to start setting up when a Fire-type comes in.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#9silverwing525Posted 6/16/2013 1:39:50 PM
MetaDeDeDe posted...
For me i am thinking of this

Sylveon@Life Orb
Nature: Modest/Timid
252 Special Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Moon Blast
Hidden Power Ground
Work Up
Yawn/Detect/Baton Pass

Moon Blast is your normal Stab move while hidden power Ground hit Poison and Steel hard, while allow it to hit Fire and Psychic types that would normally wall it. Work Up allow it to set up a sweep. There are many thing that it can use as a 4th option. Yawn can be used to force a switch out. Detect allow it to scout for Steel and poison move and Baton Pass allows it to retreat while passing on the boost it gain from Work up to it's team member.

This is based on what i know about Sylveon's move set but what do you think about this

P.S.-I am not a leaker, i am just thinking about a moveset to teach Sylveon.

Edit: Title Edited.

Isn't it a little early for this?
---
Let the Silver Light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD