This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't people realize that the games and anime are different?

#1hunter994xPosted 6/16/2013 3:36:03 PM
By different, I mean different canon and all. Yeah, I'm aware the anime isn't greatest thing in the world but here's what I mean.

In the game, if your Pokemon at are a much higher level and you use a SE or even a move that does a non-set amount of damage move, it's a OHKO unless the opponent has Sturdy or something.

But, in the anime, other than a few mentions, when has level been a huge part? If it even exist in that canon that is. As for the move thing, SE or not, the battles would be boring if everything was just a OHKO or something IMO. No, I know there's been a lot of BS in the anime and I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is this: while the anime isn't the best and could be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better, game logic and anime logic cannot be compared despite being in the same franchise.

And honestly, the games aren't much better when you think about it.
#2GeminiX7Posted 6/16/2013 5:18:38 PM
The anime in general is trash anyway. Pokemon Adventures is at least tolerable-decent. Who was comparing the two anyway? If they were the same, then every Gym Leader before Unova would get rocked by starter Pokemon in the region since Ash can apparently face Mewtwo and become a Pokemon Champion yet still gets punked by starter Pokemon everytime he gets off the boat.
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
#3HemerukioPosted 6/16/2013 5:30:31 PM
Wait... people seriously think "levels" and EXP apply to the anime? Lmfao.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#4hunter994x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 5:34:08 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
The anime in general is trash anyway. Pokemon Adventures is at least tolerable-decent. Who was comparing the two anyway? If they were the same, then every Gym Leader before Unova would get rocked by starter Pokemon in the region since Ash can apparently face Mewtwo and become a Pokemon Champion yet still gets punked by starter Pokemon everytime he gets off the boat.

The whole logic thing. You can't compare the two so you really can't compare the logic either but...
#5WstonefiPosted 6/16/2013 5:35:19 PM
Hemerukio posted...
Wait... people seriously think "levels" and EXP apply to the anime? Lmfao.

Levels are mentioned in at least one episode of the anime.
#6GeminiX7Posted 6/17/2013 5:55:12 AM
hunter994x posted...
GeminiX7 posted...

The whole logic thing. You can't compare the two so you really can't compare the logic either but...

Suspension of disbelief isn't the same as throwing logic out the window. If one of the biggest aspects of the show is about following Ash as he becomes a better and better trainer, then it makes no sense, cartoon or not, that they hit the reset button each season. They are trying to apply the "DBZ/shonen hero formula" to a series where it makes no sense whatsoever. At least in DBZ and shows like it, you can make sense of that sort of "power up" theme, even if it wouldn't make sense in the real world.

Even anime and video games(if written with even an iota of quality) at least try to follow thier own rules of logic/thier universe.
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
#7PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/17/2013 6:37:36 AM(edited)
Suspension of disbelief isn't the same as throwing logic out the window. If one of the biggest aspects of the show is about following Ash as he becomes a better and better trainer, then it makes no sense, cartoon or not, that they hit the reset button each season. They are trying to apply the "DBZ/shonen hero formula" to a series where it makes no sense whatsoever. At least in DBZ and shows like it, you can make sense of that sort of "power up" theme, even if it wouldn't make sense in the real world.

The only season Ash has been reset in has been Unova, where he went from would be champ, to not even knowing how a Pokeball worked in two episodes. And what makes it worse, the very first episode of the saga shows a picture of him and all his past acheivements. And this is just covering Ash, and not the inconsistancies and writing of all the other characters in the same saga.

Even anime and video games(if written with even an iota of quality) at least try to follow thier own rules of logic/thier universe.

Pokemon did for the most part until they got to Unova. Then in the tail end they want to show Ash as how he used to be and bring back up cannon details that were realevant 14 years ago, which brings up the question of why you would dismiss cannon only to bring it back up anyway. It's like going out of your way to do that, instead of you know, making everyone else stronger to make the hero develop.<_<

If they want to show the main character as getting stronger and yet still be reasonably weak and inexperienced they could do what HxH does. After all, it's been out since 98 and only a year has passed, and Gon still hasn't grown beyond what you'd expect him to at his age, despite getting better over time after everything he goes through and making the same mistakes sometimes.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#8LexifoxPosted 6/17/2013 6:35:02 AM
Ash didn't forget how Poke Balls work. Kid just saw a new Pokemon in a new "country" and got ahead of himself from excitement.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9XodiarkPosted 6/17/2013 6:35:41 AM
Aim for the horn
---
I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy
#10PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/17/2013 6:40:15 AM(edited)
Lexifox posted...
Ash didn't forget how Poke Balls work. Kid just saw a new Pokemon in a new "country" and got ahead of himself from excitement.

And yet no where is this expressed in cannon like I've told you before. This would be an instance where the dub really should have stepped in and reworked the dialougue to fix a cannon error, yet did not.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)