This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't people realize that the games and anime are different?

#11gladwyn101Posted 6/17/2013 7:12:07 AM
Here's a fun fact: In the Original Series of the anime, there is an episode that briefly mentions the level of a Pokemon in relation to when it can learn a certain move. It was episode 9, the School of Hard Knocks. The same episode also shows a simulator that resembles the actual video game.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#12Big_IsaacPosted 6/17/2013 7:34:57 AM
that's a lousy excuse
the Anime exists to promote the games, so it should be expected that it follows the rules of the games even remotely.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#13LexifoxPosted 6/17/2013 7:54:06 AM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Lexifox posted...
Ash didn't forget how Poke Balls work. Kid just saw a new Pokemon in a new "country" and got ahead of himself from excitement.

And yet no where is this expressed in cannon like I've told you before. This would be an instance where the dub really should have stepped in and reworked the dialougue to fix a cannon error, yet did not.

I thought it was easy enough to infer from the way he went "OMG NEW POKEMONS POKE BALL GO".
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#14hunter994x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 10:25:25 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
that's a lousy excuse
the Anime exists to promote the games, so it should be expected that it follows the rules of the games even remotely.

You can't expect it to follow 100% either. How a battle would work in the game is different than in the anime. But, in regards to the games, that's probably why Pokemon now only are shown using 4 moves unlike the original(10 move Dragonite anyone?). The most recent time I can recall a Pokemon having more than 4 would be the DP episode where Flint battles Ash.

GeminiX7 posted...
hunter994x posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
The anime in general is trash anyway. Pokemon Adventures is at least tolerable-decent. Who was comparing the two anyway? If they were the same, then every Gym Leader before Unova would get rocked by starter Pokemon in the region since Ash can apparently face Mewtwo and become a Pokemon Champion yet still gets punked by starter Pokemon everytime he gets off the boat.

The whole logic thing. You can't compare the two so you really can't compare the logic either but...

Suspension of disbelief isn't the same as throwing logic out the window. If one of the biggest aspects of the show is about following Ash as he becomes a better and better trainer, then it makes no sense, cartoon or not, that they hit the reset button each season. They are trying to apply the "DBZ/shonen hero formula" to a series where it makes no sense whatsoever. At least in DBZ and shows like it, you can make sense of that sort of "power up" theme, even if it wouldn't make sense in the real world.

Even anime and video games(if written with even an iota of quality) at least try to follow thier own rules of logic/thier universe.

This I can agree with. Even if he only brings Pikachu to Kalos, there is no reason for him to "reset". But you know, target audience and all....
#15silverwing525Posted 6/17/2013 11:49:28 AM
gladwyn101 posted...
Here's a fun fact: In the Original Series of the anime, there is an episode that briefly mentions the level of a Pokemon in relation to when it can learn a certain move. It was episode 9, the School of Hard Knocks. The same episode also shows a simulator that resembles the actual video game.

It should be mentioned that when the student in the episode used the strategy that worked on the simulator in a "real" pokemon battle it totally backfired.
---
Let the Silver Light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD
#16LexifoxPosted 6/17/2013 2:01:54 PM
silverwing525 posted...
gladwyn101 posted...

It should be mentioned that when the student in the episode used the strategy that worked on the simulator in a "real" pokemon battle it totally backfired.

He used his Bellsprout to challenge Misty's Starmie, and lost. Another student showed up with a Graveler and plowed through Starmie's Water Gun to KO it. She proceeded to use Cubone against Pikachu and failed.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#17MaetchPosted 6/17/2013 2:12:58 PM
On another note, Team Rocket funded Mewtwo's creation in the anime, but they had absolutely nothing to do with Mewtwo in the games. Too many people mix up the canons in this instance.
#18hunter994x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 5:28:19 PM
Maetch posted...
On another note, Team Rocket funded Mewtwo's creation in the anime, but they had absolutely nothing to do with Mewtwo in the games. Too many people mix up the canons in this instance.

More or less, I was thinking battles when I posted this thread but I completely forgot about Mewtwo.
#19MwarriorHieiPosted 6/17/2013 5:31:39 PM
mew in south america
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif
#20PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/17/2013 7:52:26 PM
Lexifox posted...
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Lexifox posted...
Ash didn't forget how Poke Balls work. Kid just saw a new Pokemon in a new "country" and got ahead of himself from excitement.

And yet no where is this expressed in cannon like I've told you before. This would be an instance where the dub really should have stepped in and reworked the dialougue to fix a cannon error, yet did not.

I thought it was easy enough to infer from the way he went "OMG NEW POKEMONS POKE BALL GO".

If what he said afterwards was phrased differently, I'd be more inclined to believe it was spur of the moment.

Iris:*gives speech on why friendship is the best thi-....I mean how to catch a Pokemon*
Ash:"I can do that!"

Now if he said: "I know that, I just got excited!" or "Haha, I got ahead of myself there...." it would totally make that moment legitimate.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)