This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

would you be willing to compromise?

#31AysanderPosted 6/16/2013 8:48:52 PM
lloyd0117 posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Well I'm all for not having backwards compatibility, so yeah, I'd be willing to get something extra for something I wanted in the first place.

why in the blue hell would anyone be for not having backwards compatability?

i genuinely dont understand that.

although given this choice, if i had to pick between either backwards compatibility or revisiting regions, id take the regions, provided we get ALL the regions, the sevi islands AND the orange islands. i want all of it. honestly, id be ok with being required to box all my pokes from each region upon entering a new region until that elite 4 has been beaten if that was how theyd choose to implement it too...

Because unless you have loads of shiny pokes, manipulated your game to get uberly-perfect pokes, or just want something to whine about...no real reason for Backwards.
#32NekoHime64Posted 6/16/2013 8:50:51 PM
Aysander posted...
lloyd0117 posted...
Well I'm all for not having backwards compatibility, so yeah, I'd be willing to get something extra for something I wanted in the first place.

although given this choice, if i had to pick between either backwards compatibility or revisiting regions, id take the regions, provided we get ALL the regions, the sevi islands AND the orange islands. i want all of it. honestly, id be ok with being required to box all my pokes from each region upon entering a new region until that elite 4 has been beaten if that was how theyd choose to implement it too...

Because unless you have loads of shiny pokes, manipulated your game to get uberly-perfect pokes, or just want something to whine about...no real reason for Backwards.

Because some people actually CARE about their pokemon?
---
Unofficial Sneasel of anything ever.
"I'm a girl btw." - TherianReturns
#33AysanderPosted 6/16/2013 9:10:18 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
Aysander posted...
lloyd0117 posted...

Because some people actually CARE about their pokemon?

There is that aspect, but most of the people begging for backwards seem to be competitively-minded, save a few. From a competitive standpoint Care =/= valid.

I have a lot I'd want to transfer, but eh. If GF somehow comes to the decision that DLC > Trying to get backwards working, I think I can lose all of my starters + my luvdisc, froslass, and numerous gen 4 pokes I'd like to keep XD
#34samurai1900Posted 6/16/2013 11:14:41 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
Part of me would loathe Pokemon if paid dlc is introduced to the series.

---
The King of Games has returned! Now in 1440p. - Samurai190
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSamurai190//
#35RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/16/2013 11:16:54 PM
Personally, my feeling is "Meh". The only time it was done was Gen II, and I didn't like that gen. Hopefully it's just that I'm not a fan of Jhoto, and I can enjoy an expanded journey...
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#36Missingno_MastrPosted 6/16/2013 11:19:04 PM
Hell no. Not even close to being worth losing the Pokémon I so lovingly raised over the past decade.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img202/4572/missingnogif.gif
#37decisionpointsPosted 6/16/2013 11:48:35 PM
>lose something that no generation should ever go without ever again
>in exchange, i get the esteemed privilege of having to pay for more regions

yeah, no.