This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What sort of themes would you like for GF to implement on X/Y or future releases

#1AceJay1230Posted 6/16/2013 4:01:00 PM
Like the Norse mythology theme rumored to be for Xerneas and Yveltal?

or like the Leviathan, Behemoth and Ziz legends for Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza respectively.
---
Roxanne&Elesa are my one and only..can't wait to see them in 3D handheld
Just call me Jay.
#2AceJay1230(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 2:19:22 AM
Y U NO DISCUSS? Bump...
:(
---
Roxanne&Elesa are my one and only..can't wait to see them in 3D handheld
Just call me Jay.
#3KitschgardenerPosted 6/17/2013 2:43:21 AM
I'd rather they didn't base the legendaries on any particular mythos, at least not closely. My favourite trio, the Regis, came far from the clay golems of lore and owe a bit more to GF's creativity. The Swords of Justice also had an interesting theme not related to anything mythical. I'm hoping for Xerneas and Yveltal to be something a bit more complex than life and death, since yin and yang last gen basically cover any set of opposites already and they would feel a bit redundant.

I'm still not sold on Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza being anything other than Ho-Oh, Lugia + a land representative.
#4mehmetskiPosted 6/17/2013 4:48:45 AM
Kitschgardener posted...

I'm still not sold on Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza being anything other than Ho-Oh, Lugia + a land representative.

theres no resemblence between gen2 cover legends and gen3 cover legends. the only type that is shared among some of them is flying....
#5KitschgardenerPosted 6/17/2013 5:23:02 AM
mehmetski posted...
Kitschgardener posted...

theres no resemblence between gen2 cover legends and gen3 cover legends. the only type that is shared among some of them is flying....

Ho-Oh is presented as an ever-airborne representative of the sky contrasting Lugia's domain deep under the sea after the destruction of the Brass Tower.
RSE basically took the sky representative and sea representative and added a land representative. Types have nothing to do with it.
#6pokemonfreak97Posted 6/17/2013 5:45:48 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
I'd rather they didn't base the legendaries on any particular mythos, at least not closely. My favourite trio, the Regis, came far from the clay golems of lore and owe a bit more to GF's creativity. The Swords of Justice also had an interesting theme not related to anything mythical. I'm hoping for Xerneas and Yveltal to be something a bit more complex than life and death, since yin and yang last gen basically cover any set of opposites already and they would feel a bit redundant.

Swords of Justice are based on the Three Musketeers (and D'Artagnan).
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#7KitschgardenerPosted 6/17/2013 5:47:59 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Kitschgardener posted...

Swords of Justice are based on the Three Musketeers (and D'Artagnan).

Which are mythical how exactly? Literary, maybe.