This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Confession time (Unpopular opinions thread)

#41InhaledCornPosted 6/16/2013 6:04:45 PM
I hate Jigglypuff. I think the joke was waaaay overplayed to the point of absurdity. Same with Brock's tendency to hit on anything that's female that isn't a travelling companion or Jesse. I still think Brock's Croagunk is awesome, though.

I think Mudkip is vastly overrated.

I refuse to use a Conkeldurr because I hate everything about it. I wish it was a bad Pokemon so that I didn't have to see it so much.

I don't want Galvantula to get an evolution because I like it too much (even though it really needs one).

I like Flareon, but I don't think Flare Blitz will salvage its horrid stats.

I used to like Emboar a lot, but I got angry with it's horrible stat distribution.

I'm still waiting for Contrary Superior, so I can name it Excalibur.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#42KyrieIrvingPosted 6/16/2013 6:04:56 PM
iris is hot
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#43scrappybristolPosted 6/16/2013 6:09:01 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
scrappybristol posted...
I. Don't. Like. Blaziken.

And I thought we were friends...

Friends can have different opinions, that is what makes us individuals.
---
This sig is significant
#44chubawakePosted 6/16/2013 6:19:31 PM
I don't hate any generation, or any Pokemon.

Leafeon is my favourite eeveelution.

The Lake Guardians are actually kind of awesome.

The first English anime theme song isn't the best.

Baby Pokemon aren't a waste of space, and we could use a few more.

HMs should be improved, rather than removed altogether.
---
But hey, that's just me.
#45lordofpalkiaPosted 6/16/2013 6:21:28 PM
I think Mewtwo in both forms is the most ugly thing I've ever seen.
Pikachu's existence is a blot upon the entire franchise that receives praise and support that it doesn't even need, much like the BEWD.
Gen 2 is a mind-numbing snoozefest that I had to force myself through.
Gary is the least likable rival in the series.
Unown's entire purpose could've been served by an NPC telling you about HP's type changing ability.
Secret Bases are pointless and stupid, same with the Underground in D/P and the Resort house in Pt.
about a third or fourth of all Pokemon in every generation are trash.
Cynthia is only a memorable character for the same reason as Juniper is a memorable proffessor: BOOBS.
Muk and Garbodor should be able to breed.
As a boss, Whitney is overrated.
I have a strong dislike for the competitive scene because I feel that rather than adapt to other people's strategies, they just prohibit things that are too hard for them.
None of the starters are any good.
I wish I could wipe Unown and every cat Pokemon from existence.
I half expect this game to get cancelled halfway through development.
Few things will ever be as annoying as Liza and Tate's Gym battle in Emerald
I hate 95% of the pokemon from gens 1, 2 and 4.
I hate that legendaries come at such high levels.
Too many people wear shorts in this series
Ice's lack of competence and ****ed up type relations make GF look absolutely stupid.
If Digimon's game devs weren't absolute idiots, I doubt Pokemon would've lasted for as long as it has, or at least as unopposed.
Venusaur is the only fully evolved Gen 1 starter whose design makes any sense.
Evolving from happiness is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard off.
Pokemon-amie will likely be used by disturbed people to molest their Pokemon.
Gym puzzles are unneeded and only break up the action.
Story and pre-game wise, Gen 5 is the weakest.
Roaming legendaries is a really bad way to extend playability.
They need to stop with the clones(the bird, the rat and the eventual Pikachu and Mew clones)
On that note, Mew is probably the worst of his kind and no, I won't count Shamein(which was purposefully misspelled.)
All legendaries are absolutely hideous.
Fairy-tpe won't do a thing against dragons.
Dragonite looks like a rejected design from Dragon Tales and doesn't fit Dragonair at all and for that reason, I still have a Dragonair that I keep for the possibility of a different evolution being introduced.
Eggsecutor's existence makes me want to throw small children off tall buildings. How do you get from egg to coconuts?
Spinda is a useless gimmick pokemon.
The Team Galactic outfit looks very warm and cozy.

Well... that was long. I really needed to get that off my chest.
---
You don't need a tank to play Monopoly, but it just makes it that much better.
#46Hanon623Posted 6/16/2013 6:23:53 PM
I think Ash was better than Red.

He just kept developing while Red kept regressing, you'll never see Ash give up after losing a fight and unlike Red Ash actually catches and uses his pokemon and doesn't just use the same 6 over and over again. Also Ash won more leagues than Red did all Red really did was beat 1 of Greens pokes at the expense of 4 of his own
#47acerola-orionPosted 6/16/2013 6:24:18 PM
i think pokemon is a great game with no major flaws
#48CakeOfLiesPosted 6/16/2013 6:25:31 PM
I laughed when I saw Vanillish. I wasn't expecting it at all.

I think Fennekin should be locked in a fire-proof box in a trench at the bottom the ocean.

I think Lapras should be locked in the same box that Fennekin does.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#49TyranidomegaPosted 6/16/2013 6:27:32 PM
Despite starting in Gen 1, I did not care for a majority of the Pokemon. I liked a good number, but the ones I always turned to was Charizard and Mewtwo. Of course, this isn't the case today, as after playing the Gen 1 GBA remakes and gaining access to trade evolutions via DS games(cousin gave me his), there are more Gen 1 Pokemon I like. To this day though, I find Gen 1 to have the blandest roster of Pokemon overall.

Hydreigon is superior to Dragonite.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#50Defender31415Posted 6/16/2013 6:28:37 PM
Well if we're here to share unpopular opinions....

The concept of a "gen war" is really kind of stupid. Why fight about which iteration of a game we all like is the best... if we're gonna play them all anyway? I for one think they're all equally fun, though graphics have improved over time, and I enjoy all the Pokemon designs.

The idea of being emotionally attracted to Pokegirls and Pokeguys is really disturbing. They're pixels and data, for crying out loud! They are not real, and anyone who thinks they are... let's just say I fear for your mental health. (I know there are people who do that in fanfics. That's OK, because they're writing fiction. The people who act like these characters are real though... I'll say it again, I fear for your mental health.)
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax), Caitlin (Kadabra)