This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Another way to nerf dragons besides fairy

#1ScirelPosted 6/16/2013 5:56:39 PM
I have no porblem with fairy type existsing and actually welcome it, but like psychic, which didn`t NEED two new types to be against it(All that was needed IMO were stronger bug and ghost type moves/pokemon) , here are some other ways to nerf dragon:

1. Don`t make all but one Pseudo-legendary a dragon (Metagross)
2. Include more powerful ice moves and stronger Ice-type pokemon, as well as dragon and ice moves on strong non-dragon pokemon.

anyone think of any more?
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 4342 0778 8528
#2NekoHime64Posted 6/16/2013 5:57:46 PM
Scirel posted...
I have no porblem with fairy type existsing and actually welcome it, but like psychic, which didn`t NEED two new types to be against it(All that was needed IMO were stronger bug and ghost type moves/pokemon) , here are some other ways to nerf dragon:

2. Include more powerful ice moves and stronger Ice-type pokemon, as well as dragon and ice moves on strong non-dragon pokemon.

Buff Ice types in general.
---
Unofficial Sneasel of anything ever.
"I'm a girl btw." - TherianReturns
#3SorrowOfAcheronPosted 6/16/2013 6:01:13 PM(edited)
In generation 6, all types are now super effective against Dragons.
But seriously, I agree with the bulkier Ice types. The only problem is the Dragons' coverage, really.
Also, I think Dragon should be 'Not very effective...' against Ice.
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron, RageOfFenrisulf
Eurynome, Lv.200 Sorcerer
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 6/16/2013 6:15:58 PM
Scirel posted...

Sad Tyranitar is sad.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#5Scirel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 6:17:04 PM
Keep forgetting Tyranitar isn`t a dragon. Gyarados and Tyrantiar go to a support group for things like that I hear.
---
#6Nomorice4UPosted 6/16/2013 6:20:56 PM
Scirel posted...
Keep forgetting Tyranitar isn`t a dragon. Gyarados and Tyrantiar go to a support group for things like that I hear.

Sad Zard is sad
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)
#7FuneralCakePosted 6/16/2013 6:20:59 PM
The problem with making everything Ice moves and Pokemon more powerful just to counter Dragons is that the moves and Pokemon may be too good, and that just un-balances things even more. That adds a whole new, unnecessary level of power creep.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif
#8Rad_DudesmanPosted 6/16/2013 6:25:22 PM
I'll quote this post from 4chan

GF has a hate boner for Ice. They have some of the worst base stats of any type, and for some reason they try to make them defensive types rather than offensive glass cannons.
They're weak to:
Fire (flamethrower, fire blast, overheat, fire punch, etc. being widely distributed),
Fighting, Rock, and Steel, who you might recognize as three of GF's golden children. Offensive monsters with crazy high stats and amazing move pools. With the recent Dragon nerf, Steel may well be the next big thing in the meta, which only helps make fighting more important as well.

Ice and Poison are the redheaded step children at GF, and are neglected at best, and outright **** on at worst.

The sad thing is, GF has abused Ice so badly that they probably couldn't buff ice without completely re-writing the type relationships. Even if you gave an Ice type Dragon level base stats, it would still get wrecked by Technician Bullet Punchers or Stealth Rocks and Stone Edges.

There is no fixing Ice, you just try to ignore the problem and make something new to cover your shame, which is what GF did.

---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#9Nomorice4UPosted 6/16/2013 6:27:39 PM
FuneralCake posted...
The problem with making everything Ice moves and Pokemon more powerful just to counter Dragons is that the moves and Pokemon may be too good, and that just un-balances things even more. That adds a whole new, unnecessary level of power creep.

It's impossible to make ICE op with realistic buffs. Stealth Rocks. also, Every Pokemon and their niece have access to at least one super effective move to keep them in check.
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)
#10Scirel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 6:28:14 PM
Just look at psychic now though. Steel and dark are EVERWHERE as dual types, and thanks to crunch and bite, Psyhich is now really weak. Gen 4 and 5 did a lot of buffing for bug types and moves, and if they had just done that earlier, it could have lessened the walloping psychic got down to a type that does more bad than good. Nobody uses poison, and most fighting types have steel and dark dual types and moves.
---