This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I dont understand the appeal of extreme competative battling

#1GeneralCortezPosted 6/16/2013 6:34:58 PM
All that EV training and constant breeding and all. Seems like you'd grow sick of grinding and stuff, and the online game sounds annoying, with the rock traps and stuff

Maybe its because im not overly competative or something, but I just dont understand it at all
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#2pkmnpkmnPosted 6/16/2013 6:36:23 PM
That's why people use online sims to play on a computer
---
The Offical Groudon Oof the POkemon Black and White 2 Boards.
#3Cpt_CalamityPosted 6/16/2013 6:37:44 PM
Nobody good at the game breeds Pokemon. And battling against another human being who is able to think is 10x better than playing mindless AI who offer no sort of challenging strategy.
---
Where is my desk?
#4TherianReturnsPosted 6/16/2013 6:39:16 PM
Cpt_Calamity posted...
Nobody good at the game breeds Pokemon.

You're wrong about many things, and especially wrong here.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#5GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 6:40:28 PM
You can battle people without all that overly complex grinding EV nonsense though
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#6perfectchaos83Posted 6/16/2013 6:42:32 PM
GeneralCortez posted...
You can battle people without all that overly complex grinding EV nonsense though

Of course you can, but you wouldn't be any good at it. You can play poker without knowing what each hand means either, chances are you're going to lose more often than not.
---
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/metallic_trance/yachirumii.png
Thanks, metallic_trance!
#7GeminiX7Posted 6/16/2013 6:42:41 PM
I like battling other people, but I don't like getting too technical with it. I don't bother with EV's and IV's and stuff, but I do like alot of the strategy/team synergy ideas. I like strategic battles even if I'm not a min-maxxer, and enjoy playing against other like minded people. I respect those that do min/max.
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
#8GeminiX7Posted 6/16/2013 6:44:53 PM
perfectchaos83 posted...
GeneralCortez posted...

Of course you can, but you wouldn't be any good at it. You can play poker without knowing what each hand means either, chances are you're going to lose more often than not.

That implies the ONLY people who battle are those who min/max. Which is kinda like saying the only people who played SSBM wavedashed and used top tier characters. It's not hard, especially using the internet, to find people who like to battle one another but aren't obsessed with maxxing out the stats of thier teams using AR/Smogon.
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
#9Block_Man_XPosted 6/16/2013 6:46:07 PM
GeneralCortez posted...

But then you will lose. And EV's really aren't that complex. Just look up a guide on Smogon. It also doesn't take long either. If your pokemon have a power item and poke-virus it might only take a little over an hour. Getting DW abilities on the other hand, can be annoying. IV's are hard to get if you want perfect 31 IV's. If your just looking for a couple pretty good IVs (25 +) its not that hard.
---
PSN-block-man-x / SSF4 Mains Vega/ MVC3 Cptn America Akuma zero/Dante Wolverine sentinel. SFxT: Vega
#10dodgekk9Posted 6/16/2013 6:46:13 PM
GeneralCortez posted...
All that EV training and constant breeding and all. Seems like you'd grow sick of grinding and stuff

I either play online simulators or I download EV'd pokemon that are legal because I don't want to waste my life EV training them.
---
youtube.com/platinumphalanges - My Youtube channel for RE 6 Mercenaries/ COD BlackOps2
I HATE the new GameFAQs layout