This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question for those who wanted Charizard to be a Dragon-type

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Question for those who wanted Charizard to be a Dragon-type

User Info: Dark_Einherjar

Dark_Einherjar
3 years ago#1
Now that Fairy-type is around the corner and it's striking fear into the hearts of all dragons, do you still feel that way?

No intention to bash Charizard here, btw; I'm just curious.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black

User Info: radred2004

radred2004
3 years ago#2
Yes because it seems more realistic in the context of the game, and it avoids 4x weakness to rock.
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
3 years ago#3
radred2004 posted...
Yes because it seems more realistic in the context of the game, and it avoids 4x weakness to rock.

That. Besides, fire supposedly resists fairy I think.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: Dark_Einherjar

Dark_Einherjar
3 years ago#4
Sir Will posted...
radred2004 posted...

That. Besides, fire supposedly resists fairy I think.

http://pokebeach.com/

According to Pokébeach, these are the match-ups of the Fairy-type:
-Super-effective against: Dragon, Dark, Fighting
-Not very effective against: Fire, Psychic
-Weak against: Poison, Steel
-Strong against: ???
-Immune to: Dragon

If the source is trustworthy, this is going to be quite interesting, IMO.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black

User Info: -Oath-

-Oath-
3 years ago#5
You don't see Reshiram or Zekrom with a flying type and they obviously fly and have wings. So, why should charizard be grouped with the bird like Pokemon when he is more like a dragon.

User Info: Hemerukio

Hemerukio
3 years ago#6
-Oath- posted...
You don't see Reshiram or Zekrom with a flying type and they obviously fly and have wings. So, why should charizard be grouped with the bird like Pokemon when he is more like a dragon.

Charizard would have been incredibly OP for his time as a freakin' Dragon with his status as a starter. Why pick any other starter when you can have a starter that has Dragon as its type?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.

User Info: Oblivion_Hero

Oblivion_Hero
3 years ago#7
Cause not all flying types are birds.
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.

User Info: Aejaduka

Aejaduka
3 years ago#8
There was an episode were Iris fought Ash's Charizard and she used dragon-types move on him thinking it would be super-effective on him 'cuz she thought Charizard was a dragon type. Kinda funny, really.

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
3 years ago#9
Aejaduka posted...
There was an episode were Iris fought Ash's Charizard and she used dragon-types move on him thinking it would be super-effective on him 'cuz she thought Charizard was a dragon type. Kinda funny, really.

They're not oblivious to the charizard controversy. Funny that they played with it in the show.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: paipr

paipr
3 years ago#10
yes, cause it be a pretty sweet dragon.
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Question for those who wanted Charizard to be a Dragon-type

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived