This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question for those who wanted Charizard to be a Dragon-type

#1Dark_EinherjarPosted 6/16/2013 6:46:07 PM
Now that Fairy-type is around the corner and it's striking fear into the hearts of all dragons, do you still feel that way?

No intention to bash Charizard here, btw; I'm just curious.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#2radred2004Posted 6/16/2013 6:47:45 PM
Yes because it seems more realistic in the context of the game, and it avoids 4x weakness to rock.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138
#3Sir WillPosted 6/16/2013 6:49:22 PM
radred2004 posted...
Yes because it seems more realistic in the context of the game, and it avoids 4x weakness to rock.

That. Besides, fire supposedly resists fairy I think.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#4Dark_Einherjar(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 7:01:15 PM
Sir Will posted...
radred2004 posted...

That. Besides, fire supposedly resists fairy I think.

http://pokebeach.com/

According to Pokébeach, these are the match-ups of the Fairy-type:
-Super-effective against: Dragon, Dark, Fighting
-Not very effective against: Fire, Psychic
-Weak against: Poison, Steel
-Strong against: ???
-Immune to: Dragon

If the source is trustworthy, this is going to be quite interesting, IMO.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#5-Oath-Posted 6/16/2013 7:08:55 PM
You don't see Reshiram or Zekrom with a flying type and they obviously fly and have wings. So, why should charizard be grouped with the bird like Pokemon when he is more like a dragon.
#6HemerukioPosted 6/16/2013 7:12:08 PM
-Oath- posted...
You don't see Reshiram or Zekrom with a flying type and they obviously fly and have wings. So, why should charizard be grouped with the bird like Pokemon when he is more like a dragon.

Charizard would have been incredibly OP for his time as a freakin' Dragon with his status as a starter. Why pick any other starter when you can have a starter that has Dragon as its type?
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#7Oblivion_HeroPosted 6/16/2013 7:13:06 PM
Cause not all flying types are birds.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#8AejadukaPosted 6/16/2013 7:28:45 PM
There was an episode were Iris fought Ash's Charizard and she used dragon-types move on him thinking it would be super-effective on him 'cuz she thought Charizard was a dragon type. Kinda funny, really.
#9Sir WillPosted 6/16/2013 7:39:59 PM
Aejaduka posted...
There was an episode were Iris fought Ash's Charizard and she used dragon-types move on him thinking it would be super-effective on him 'cuz she thought Charizard was a dragon type. Kinda funny, really.

They're not oblivious to the charizard controversy. Funny that they played with it in the show.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#10paiprPosted 6/16/2013 7:46:34 PM
yes, cause it be a pretty sweet dragon.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?