This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: Normal is SE against Fairy

#1ScepterOfLovePosted 6/16/2013 9:34:55 PM
This board seems to have been talking about normal type more recently. I think it would be cool to finally have normal be SE against something, and the newest type is the likeliest candidate.
---
"Yet here we are, shaking our booties..."
My movie review blog: logankrum.wordpress.com
#2reaverzPosted 6/16/2013 9:41:46 PM(edited)
It really doesn't make sense for Normal to be super effective against anything since it's the "typeless" type. Normal being SE on Fairy makes about as much sense as Normal being SE on Dragon.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#3HemerukioPosted 6/16/2013 9:39:26 PM
reaverz posted...
It really doesn't make sense for Normal to be super effective against anything since it's the "typeless" type. Normal being SE on Fairy makes about as much sense as it being SE on Dragon.

If you think of Fairy less as sparkly and cutesy Pokemon and more as representing higher, holy or supernatural beings, its strength against Dragon makes a lot more sense.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#4reaverzPosted 6/16/2013 9:41:34 PM
Hemerukio posted...
If you think of Fairy less as sparkly and cutesy Pokemon and more as representing higher, holy or supernatural beings, its strength against Dragon makes a lot more sense.

I meant Normal being SE against Dragon in that sentence, not Fairy being SE against Dragon (which I have no qualms about). My wording seems to have not been clear enough, though, so I'll edit that.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#5ScepterOfLove(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 9:43:11 PM
reaverz posted...
It really doesn't make sense for Normal to be super effective against anything since it's the "typeless" type. Normal being SE on Fairy makes about as much sense as it being SE on Dragon.

Logic in Pokemon isn't always, ya know, present. Fairy being SE against Dragon doesn't really make sense to me personally without stretching for some sort of explanation, so I could see other type effectivenesses not making complete sense either. Game Freak seems to be focusing on balancing the type chart more than ensuring type interactions make sense, at least in my opinion.
---
"Yet here we are, shaking our booties..."
My movie review blog: logankrum.wordpress.com
#6NeonDragon9000Posted 6/16/2013 9:43:49 PM
Normal is already a great type, it doesn't need another strength.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#7HemerukioPosted 6/16/2013 9:45:26 PM
reaverz posted...
Hemerukio posted...

I meant Normal being SE against Dragon in that sentence, not Fairy being SE against Dragon (which I have no qualms about). My wording seems to have not been clear enough, though, so I'll edit that.

Oooh. Well in that case, Normal could theoretically be SE against any type, imo. But yeah, Normal should stay neutral for the most part.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nh9mNfm11rnkfgmo1_500.jpg
Gen 5 FemAce is mai waifu.
#8SuperRup91Posted 6/16/2013 9:47:58 PM(edited)
reaverz posted...
It really doesn't make sense for Normal to be super effective against anything since it's the "typeless" type. Normal being SE on Fairy makes about as much sense as Normal being SE on Dragon.

Using your logic, it shouldn't make sense that normal is NVE against Steel and Rock since it is "typeless"
#9JarickoPosted 6/16/2013 9:48:29 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...

It does not have a strength unless the strength is to be neutral and have a broad move pool but dragons also have a broad move pool and they own. Normal is weak to fighting and cannot hit ghosts and in return ghosts cannot hit them either. That is a negative for resistances.

Having it be super effective against something would be kinda nice.
#10Twilight_SonataPosted 6/16/2013 9:49:04 PM
reaverz posted...
It really doesn't make sense for Normal to be super effective against anything since it's the "typeless" type.

Then Rock and Steel shouldn't resist it either.

NeonDragon9000 posted...

No way! Normal is the worst type in the game. It could use the buff.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe