This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think of Charizard?

#11wahaha911Posted 6/17/2013 7:28:28 AM
Anime- 10
Game- Stealth Rocks
---
Asianwide is on your side!!!
How would you expect a clone of yourself to do the work you were too lazy to do?
#12Ubergeneral3Posted 6/17/2013 8:19:20 AM
I don't get the hype he's got. I think the main reason people like him so much is nostalgia, which isn't a bad thing unless it's drowning out all reason, which is usually does.

People use him as the sole arguement for changing stealth rock. In the end while I agree with the point, it's actully hurtful to the cause.

Meh..
---
If there is a 3rd version form pokemon black and white I will close my account.
#13iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 8:25:54 AM
Ubergeneral3 posted...
I don't get the hype he's got. I think the main reason people like him so much is nostalgia, which isn't a bad thing unless it's drowning out all reason, which is usually does.

People use him as the sole arguement for changing stealth rock. In the end while I agree with the point, it's actully hurtful to the cause.

Meh..

Well, another reason people use Charizard as an example for changing SR is that Charizard is simply the most affected by SR of all pokemon.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#14AysanderPosted 6/17/2013 10:33:14 AM
Ubergeneral3 posted...

Meh..

I would agree with the Nostalgia thing, at least in the anime's case, if they didn't bring him back to completely dominate whatever challenge is in ash's way sometime during each generation. lol.

Charizard's just one of my overall 20 favorites because it's the most underestimated fire types, though. Fire/Fighting/Ice are my favorite types, so....XD
#15silverwing525Posted 6/17/2013 10:36:15 AM
7. Its cool.
---
Let the Silver Light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD
#16wind64aPosted 6/17/2013 10:39:38 AM
iKhanic posted...
Ubergeneral3 posted...

Meh..

Well, another reason people use Charizard as an example for changing SR is that Charizard is simply the most affected by SR of all pokemon.

Butterfree shakes its head at you, alongside Beautifly, and Mothim.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#17iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 10:52:46 AM
wind64a posted...
iKhanic posted...
Ubergeneral3 posted...

Meh..

None of their main niches involves losing massive amounts of HP.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#18wind64aPosted 6/17/2013 10:58:21 AM
iKhanic posted...
wind64a posted...
iKhanic posted...
Ubergeneral3 posted...

Meh..

None of their main niches involves losing massive amounts of HP.

No, but focus sash'd Butterfree would have a niche as the only Sleep Powder user with Compoundeyes. Plus it gets Quiver Dance for setup. With Stealth Rocks up it is much easier to KO.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#19vchu8Posted 6/17/2013 10:59:51 AM
My favorite. Probably always will be my favorite. And yes, probably mainly for nostalgic reasons, though I have the Charizard line to thank for getting me interested in Pokemon in the first place. I still like the design anyways though. Dragons, dinosaurs, lizards...I have a tendency to like those sorts of Pokemon. Blame me growing up liking dinosaurs and watching Godzilla.
#20UmuruPosted 6/17/2013 11:32:13 AM
It's alright. My least favorite Kanto starter, but the best HM slave of the bunch.