This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best and most powerful Champion

#31Real_trainerRedPosted 6/21/2013 6:48:41 AM
crunchy612 posted...
Red will clean up every champion. Including Cynthia.

I like Steven the best tho, but Red's the most epic. His music just screams 'it's ass kicking time', while Steven's is more like 'oh, i may look calm but trust me buddy you're going down' feel.

Fixed
---
"..."
#32deathbycookiesPosted 6/21/2013 7:19:19 AM
Cynthia actually pulled me into a corner so i i'm guess i'm stuck going with her
i can still remember it...

my roserade with no moves left v.s her gastrodon with no moves left

Battle of the strugles!
---
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#33hotrodneptune32Posted 6/21/2013 7:42:27 AM
Steven, just cause that battle music. Oh and I suppose because I personally find his appearance screams badass.
---
(Un)Official Sephiroth of KHIII board
#34crunchy612Posted 6/21/2013 7:48:51 AM
Real_trainerRed posted...
crunchy612 posted...
Red will clean up every champion. Including Cynthia.

I like Steven the best tho, but Steven's the most epic. His music just screams 'it's ass kicking time', while Steven's is more like 'oh, i may look calm but trust me buddy you're going down' feel.

Fixed

Please, don't bother botching my post with your Gen 1 bulls***. If you can fanboy that overrated trashbag Red then i(and everyone else) can fanboy a champ of their liking.

So please, move on and don't try genwunning this topic.
---
Dota life's good when you play supports. ^_^
My FF Type-0 obssession is BACK! http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2dr3ijdud1r569y6o1_500.gif
#35Bushido20Posted 6/21/2013 9:25:16 AM
Cynthia easily takes this. She had the most well rounded team.
---
"It's called Xbox One because it took 359 steps backwards!"
#36Faust_8Posted 6/21/2013 10:21:19 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Rematch against Lance in HG/SS.
Oh. Cynthia has a Garchomp? And nothing else?
Lance has a Garchomp too. And a Salamence. And a Dragonite. And a Gyarados.

Lance is destroyed by Ice and Rock attacks.

Whereas Cynthia has leads with a no-weakness Spiritomb and then has Garchomp, Milotic, Lucario, Gastrodon, and Roserade. There is no one or two types you can pack to beat her and some of those Pokes are incredibly hard to take down if you don't have the right stuff.

Of the games I've played, I've only faced Blue, Lance, Cynthia, and Alder. Cynthia was by far the hardest to beat.

(Also I've been going by the first teams, because that's when you're truly "beating the game" by winning. So Lance had 3 Dragonites, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, and Charizard. All weak to Rock, some destroyed by Ice. Even this new team you're talking about still fears Ice and Rock.)
---
Faust_8: Would you own slaves if you could?
OW: If I lived on a farm or something, sure. But I have no need of slaves right now.
#37Ari917Posted 6/21/2013 10:42:25 AM
Cynthia, no contest. She has an excellently balanced team for the in game so it's easy to get overwhelmed by her.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#38buszzaw101Posted 6/21/2013 10:53:00 AM
Blue gets taken down by Amnesia Kadabra

Lance gets taken down by any water/ice type

Steven gets taken down by Blaziken

Wallace...lol

Cynthia has no clear weakness

didn't play BW/BW2

The first four champions are really only as hard as you make them. Blue is only hard if you picked a poor team (no Kadabra, no Nidoking/queen, etc), Lance is a decent challenge without a dedicated water/ice type, Steven is actually pretty difficult imo without Blaziken or any fire type, and Wallace gets messed up by Roselia, Magneton, Breloom, or even a Stallrein.

There are no pokemon in DPP that can really put a dent in Cynthia's team. Her team's closest weakness is her Garchomp, Togekiss, and Roserade being weak to ice, but then Milotic and Lucario resist ice while Spiritomb has no weakness.
#39GoGoatPosted 6/21/2013 11:42:29 AM
Warning, big wall of text incoming. For power, going to have to say Cynthia. "Best" is subjective, though,

Blue: Balanced team, perhaps, but its fairly easy to annihilate him. He gets points for easily being the most equal to your character (both are young trainers who set out to become champion, culminating in a final showdown between them), but his character falls flat once you realise that he doesn't develop beyond "lol you're a loser".

Lance: Introduced the concept of a champion dealing with the criminal affairs of his region. Gets points for his badass design and implied skill in stealth, and for having a bit of achievement outside of being champion (dragon's den) but his team is boring in that half of it consists of the same pokemon. His battle probably has the most goosebump inducing opening, with how everything goes silent, and really sets the atmosphere.

Wallace: In a word: pathetic. His entire team (except perhaps Milotic) are easily destroyed. His personality isn't that appealing either for a champion, since it feels like he thinks of battles in a more theatrical approach. He'd have been great as a co-ordinator character like he is in the anime. Champion? Not so much.

Cynthia: Several heavy hitters, opens the battle with a nice tanky pokemon. Claims to have gone on an adventure with a pokedex in her youth, implied to be friendly with Rowan, too, making her very relatable to the 4th gen protagonists. Feels like a big sister character at times. Quite partial to how the designer pulled off that great big flowing hair of hers without making it look awkward. The piano theme that plays before her champion battle is also one of the best themes in the series.

Alder: I kind of liked Alder, his weakness aside. It can be forgiven, since part of his character was essentially stepping aside to guide the next generation as his time comes to a close. Hes also probably the only main character who we get to see deal with the death of one of their own pokemon, far more interesting than the random npcs we get in the graveyard area. Probably the champion with the most depth to his character.

Iris: Bit of a heavy hitter, but oddly didn't find any issues dealing with her, despite having little to nothing with regards to type advantages. We also get to see very little of her personality, appearing only twice in her first game and...did she even appear at all in the game she was actually champion? Gets points for easily having the best designed champion room, though.

Not including Steven because its been a very long time since I last fought him. Like, 2 and a half generations ago. Wouldn't be fair to only half rate him.

tl;dr: Cynthia > Alder > Lance > Blue = Iris >>>> Wallace
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
#40LexifoxPosted 6/21/2013 12:28:00 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Rematch against Lance in HG/SS.
Oh. Cynthia has a Garchomp? And nothing else?
Lance has a Garchomp too. And a Salamence. And a Dragonite. And a Gyarados.

All dat common 4x weakness.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod