This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Talonflame

#1Meta289Posted 6/17/2013 9:45:15 AM
Mr. Mime
Mime Jr.
Voltorb
Registeel
Regirock
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Dusknoir
Vileplume
Dugtrio
Bellsprout
Claydol
Castform
Gogoat
Scatterbug

Stop complaining.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#2Solar_CrimsonPosted 6/17/2013 10:00:28 AM
Beedrill as well.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#3BountyanPosted 6/17/2013 10:01:39 AM(edited)
"There are other bad names so you can't complain about new bad names!"

Also, I prefer all of those over Talonflame.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#4Meta289(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 10:03:50 AM
Bountyan posted...
"There are other bad names so you can't complain about new bad names!"

Also, I prefer all of those over Talonflame.

I'm saying that names that are portmanteaus that are literally just two words put right next to each other with little to no creativity in it isn't anything new. But people forget that.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#5EnferolunosPosted 6/17/2013 10:04:14 AM
I agree with the sentiment of "It's a stupid name," but I also agree with "Stop complaing"
Get over it people, it's been several days, it's not a first, and you can nickname it
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#6dialga111Posted 6/17/2013 10:06:44 AM
People complain too much. They should just stop whining about things they can't change, it's useless and a waste of time. Complaining makes you stressful and stress does bad for your health. Complain about important things rather than something that makes no difference in your life, like the name of a character in a video game that you won't even play anymore in 5 years time.
---
Megaman ZX3 petition, sign and tell your friends!
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/megaman-zx3.html
#7vchu8Posted 6/17/2013 10:07:12 AM
I feel like some of those, such as the commonly used Voltorb and Gogoat, and the Beedrill example used above, don't really reflect why Talonflame is disliked. Those three flow very well. Vol-torb. Bee-drill. Go-goat. There's not really an issue with how you stress the syllables.

Depending on how you say Talonflame, though, it creates an awkward pause from the stresses. Ta-lon and then Flame. It's just awkward to say in general. Now I have read that it's actually supposed to be Tal-inflame, which works slightly better as far as pronunciation goes.

And just posting "stop complaining" is pointless, because what if I had issues with some of those names as well? Probably the only one used that doesn't flow that well is Dusknoir, but if I see a problem with the name that doesn't mean I shouldn't just not like it. That's silly. You should feel free to criticize something if you don't like an aspect of it, even if you like the thing (in this case, Pokemon) overall.
#8mehmetskiPosted 6/17/2013 10:07:12 AM
Meta289 posted...
Mr. Mime
Mime Jr.
Voltorb
Registeel
Regirock
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Dusknoir
Vileplume
Dugtrio
Bellsprout
Claydol
Castform
Gogoat
Scatterbug

Stop complaining.

i disagree about: regirock, registeel, dusknoir, dugtrio, castform, claydol, gogoat and scatterbug.
they are all either wordplays, modifications of words, or at the very least rare words that are used. and they all flow much better than talonflame. only ones i dislike are the mimes.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#9elconoMPosted 6/17/2013 10:08:15 AM
going to giggle if Litleo > Maneflame...
---
unova @1808.0126.2402 -- gt@ SulfurousGalaxy -- now playing- borderlands1n2 fable2n3 castlecrashers terraria minecraft360 pkmnGen3-5 indiemon
#10Ultima546Posted 6/17/2013 10:12:46 AM
Meta289 posted...

Stop complaining.

Complaining about the complaining. Lol.

This issue has run its course.
---
This signature is reserved for a witty remark... of which I have none.