This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the first shiny pokemon you caught besides gyarados?

#1Thepenguinking2Posted 6/17/2013 1:00:39 PM
Assuming you have caught one.
Mine was a shiny boldore that I wasn't looking for. I was just looking for TM90 in Twist mountain, then I encountered 3 cubchoos and a cryogonal. then I found a boldore, and thought "Hey, a boldo- wait, is that blu0 OH MY GOSH!" and Masterball'd it without a second thought. I talked about it for hours upon end. Boldore became my favorite gen 5 rock type, and twist mountain became one of my favorite areas in pokemon.
---
There is completely no reason that exists why sigilyph is not OU.
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board!
#2Missingno_MastrPosted 6/17/2013 1:04:00 PM
Zigzagoon in Ruby, on Route 120. I was on my way to my Secret Base from Fortree City at the time, and back then I didn't use Repels all that often. So I was trying to avoid as much tall grass as possible. I walked through the only tile of tall grass I was unable to avoid- sure enough, wild Pokémon. I groaned out loud- until I saw that the Zigzagoon I was encountering was Shiny. One Ultra Ball later, and I was in a significantly better mood that day. I still have that Zigzagoon to this day, though he's now a Linoone.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img202/4572/missingnogif.gif
#3BikdipOnABusPosted 6/17/2013 1:04:25 PM
Mine was a Psyduck in Sapphire's Safari Zone. It was the first shiny I ever encountered, and I spent like 5 minutes freaking out when I first encountered it, made sure to take a picture of it (in case it ran away), and then proceeded to catch it on my first ball.

Since then I have encountered a Wobbuffet and Slowbro in the Safari Zone as well. Both got away. (And I've found several other shinies in other places, but I caught all those)
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#4MetleonPosted 6/17/2013 1:04:36 PM
Magnemite in LG. Only shiny Pokemon I've ever had that I didn't trade/hack for.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#5pokemon2pokerPosted 6/17/2013 1:05:04 PM
Smoochum
---
A+E
#6vay8Posted 6/17/2013 1:06:28 PM
I'm not sure but I think it was Spinda. It has the green spot over it's mouth. With it's swirly eyes and green mouth, it looks like it puked. :|
---
Sir, I admit your general rule that every poet is a fool,
But you yourself may serve to show it, that every fool is not a poet!
#7monpoke3Posted 6/17/2013 1:07:34 PM
always seem to have caught one or each game and pokerus
---
CRIMSON VANE!!
#8gimme_my_burgerPosted 6/17/2013 1:09:07 PM
Shiny Roselia on ruby.
Oddly enough I caught another on platinum
---
Official Seltzer of KH 3 Board
Mabui #1 Fan
#9SilverSockPosted 6/17/2013 1:10:37 PM
Bellsprout in Silver, but I was young enough that I don't really remember it very well. The first one I saw when I really understood what a shiny was would be Tentacool in FireRed.
---
Help Wanted: New Sig
Post something funny, and be (temporarily) immortalized here!
#10KitschgardenerPosted 6/17/2013 1:12:43 PM
A green Klink in Black.