This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the first shiny pokemon you caught besides gyarados?

#171BattleStarXPosted 6/18/2013 4:10:20 AM
A Budew in Pearl. It was (eventually,) followed by a... Tympole in Black.

And those remain the ONLY shiny Pokémon I have run in to, much less caught.
---
---
The best laid plans don't last a second in real life. In the end, all you can do is bum-rush your objective and hope for the best.
#172MyNameIsNotJenPosted 6/18/2013 4:42:36 AM
The last two I caught were both in my White version. I caught a shiny Crustle on Route 18 and a shiny Rhyhorn in White Forest.
---
~KPop is the only great Pop <3~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~
#173jaakufrostPosted 6/18/2013 5:29:06 AM
The first ever that I caught with my own hands was a shiny Fearow in Heart Gold. I was heading to the Power Plant on my bike, but then I overshot and landed in the tall grass near the water (the river you have to use Surf on to get to the Power Plant), netting me a random encounter with that shiny Fearow.

The second one was a Larvesta in my Japanese White file. At that time I was playing partly blind, so I didn't know a lot of the Pokemon then. The one I got was the egg in Route 18, and when Larvesta hatched I didn't even know he was shiny (didn't help that his shiny colors could really pass off as the normal coloring unlike others) until I saw the star beside his sprite, had an epiphany and sent him into battle to make sure.
---
3DS FC: 1891-2068-1426
Games: SMTIV, EOIV, ACNL, DeSu Overclocked, FE13, HM:ANB
#174captain smoothitronPosted 6/18/2013 5:56:38 AM
beebarb posted...
captain smoothitron posted...
The first shiny I ever caught was a Clamperl in Ruby. I evolved it to Gorebyss but lost it when my cart battery dried.

How?!! All the battery supports in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is the clock as they moved to using flash memory for saving starting with the GBA (though it was low quality by today's standards). So unless your cart's flash memory somehow had a major failure at the same time the clock battery ran dry, that isn't even possible.

I haven't even bothered to replace the battery in my third generation games for this very reason, it running dry doesn't affect anything important.

Yeah, I don't know. Got the typical "no time based changes" message, but in addition my continue option wasn't there anymore. Very bizarre.
---
I want to go on American Gladiators just so I can play Assault.
#175JacornonthecobPosted 6/18/2013 6:03:45 AM
Pidgey in Leaf Green
#176adismaltheftPosted 6/18/2013 6:04:18 AM
Ditto, traded over from my Yellow to my Silver version.
---
If I had a million dollars... I'd be rich.
Gamertag: Icecold229
#177Razael_OsirusPosted 6/21/2013 3:35:46 PM
A shiny krabby I had caught in LG and I named him Relic.
---
There's a side of you that knows you're a failure, lives for the danger, feels like an enemy but looks like a stranger.
#178the master samuraiPosted 6/21/2013 3:49:39 PM
My first was zapdos. I had an empty spot in my party so I could check nature and stars after catching it. I had to reset like 20 times and it showed up shiny. I wasn't aiming for it, though. I just wanted good nature/ivs. Lucky for me it was timid and its stats where all 29 or better except for the 0 in attack(as if I care!).

My next shiny was a weedle I encountered during my magikarp only challenge. I nearly didn't catch it! But I caught it by cheating on my challenge by switching to pikachu. But the shiny was more important than my self set rules.
---
the amount of people too notice all gramatical/spelling errors in my signature so far;9
if you seem them, tell me so i can update my signature
#179TeamEonPosted 6/21/2013 3:59:15 PM
A Raticate on the route leading to Victory Road on Gold version.
---
Nintendo ID: TeamEon
Prepping for MH3U
#180NewbieN00bPosted 6/21/2013 4:11:13 PM
beebarb posted...
The first shiny I ever caught was a Clamperl in Ruby. I evolved it to Gorebyss but lost it when my cart battery dried.

How?!! All the battery supports in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is the clock as they moved to using flash memory for saving starting with the GBA (though it was low quality by today's standards). So unless your cart's flash memory somehow had a major failure at the same time the clock battery ran dry, that isn't even possible.

I haven't even bothered to replace the battery in my third generation games for this very reason, it running dry doesn't affect anything important.

Yeah, I don't know. Got the typical "no time based changes" message, but in addition my continue option wasn't there anymore. Very bizarre.

Did you try cleaning the contacts? Sometimes the GBA just doesn't pick up the saved data. I've had it happen. Generally trying a few times fixes it.
---
Give me all teh FE D':