This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Pokemon X be like The Last of Us?

#11Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 3:36:35 PM
At least have the ending of Pokemon X be good. I'm tired of all this "you beat the Elite 4!"
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#12pokemonfreak97Posted 6/18/2013 3:43:22 PM
EternalNether posted...
The Last of Us is so ridiculously far from being a pew pew game. It's pure survival. The game has a very high emphasis on stealth and alternative forms of combat besides just waving your guns around hoping to hit something. Ammo is too scarce for that.

That being said, I didn't like it. Game was too hard and frustrating. I think I'm just going to go back to my JRPG roots. The genre that got me into gaming so long ago and never got old to me.

OK, that gives me an appreciation for why it's being touted as a good game. Don't like the genre but genuine survival-horror is a rare genre these days.
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#13Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 3:53:11 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
EternalNether posted...
The Last of Us is so ridiculously far from being a pew pew game. It's pure survival. The game has a very high emphasis on stealth and alternative forms of combat besides just waving your guns around hoping to hit something. Ammo is too scarce for that.

That being said, I didn't like it. Game was too hard and frustrating. I think I'm just going to go back to my JRPG roots. The genre that got me into gaming so long ago and never got old to me.

OK, that gives me an appreciation for why it's being touted as a good game. Don't like the genre but genuine survival-horror is a rare genre these days.

It's actually a very refreshing game. It deserves the praise it's getting.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#14ManuKesnaPosted 6/18/2013 3:55:05 PM
No it won't be like that garbage overrated pew pew game.

funny, i have barely use guns in the last of us....
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#15KonekoKaemonPosted 6/18/2013 4:21:37 PM
ManuKesna posted...

I didn't use them at all unless forced by the game playing hard mode...

I had like... 3 nail bombs, 3 smoke bombs, and 3 Moletovs the whole game practically, didn't use them till that last room right before the end where I was like "WHELP I'm at the end" and just went nuts.

Overall great game, not sure what the TC was going on about though... crazy Ideas.
---
~Currently playing~ Tera
#16RoobitysuPosted 6/18/2013 4:32:45 PM
I'm against the FPS flood and all that, but I do find it annoying that people will look at a game where you may or may not spend a good deal of time in first-person view behind a gun and be all like "ew fps all terribur"

That said, I don't own a PS3, so I can't play this game, sadly.
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82442627/Homika/7454681db27c8366cf73b58fe30d383d.png Roxie <3
#17Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 2:31:01 AM
KonekoKaemon posted...
ManuKesna posted...

I didn't use them at all unless forced by the game playing hard mode...

I had like... 3 nail bombs, 3 smoke bombs, and 3 Moletovs the whole game practically, didn't use them till that last room right before the end where I was like "WHELP I'm at the end" and just went nuts.

Overall great game, not sure what the TC was going on about though... crazy Ideas.

The game is designed so that you never should need to use the explosives. They just make things easier.
---
#18toink_611Posted 6/19/2013 3:26:07 AM
Wtf is wrong with you dumb fanboys, the last of us was amazing.
---
I speak and preach only the truth. Probably what you don't want to hear, but need to hear.
#19AngryGFAQerPosted 6/19/2013 3:34:47 AM
ManuKesna posted...

I doubt anyone did.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#20Balamb00Posted 6/19/2013 3:57:41 AM
Absol_Pancham posted...
EternalNether posted...

I agree with the first half. There were also some scary and intense parts in the game. I'm only more than halfway thru.

And its not really overrated either. Its not supposed to be a guns a blazing shooter.

Its supposed to be a survival game, which it does awesome at being one while also giving me an interesting story.

If the last of us is overrated, your looking too deep into it, cuz it does everything its supposed too as a survival game.

That's my opinion though.

I agree with you completely...