This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Talonflame's gotta be the most awkward name in Pokemon history.

#31harle1012000Posted 6/18/2013 5:54:34 AM
Tomar-Re posted...
Talonflame sounds so generic and lame, and unlike most Pokemon names, it has no real reference or pun to it. It's just adding a bird related word to a fire related word. It's like if I named a grass type dog Clawthorn.

and lol @people who think others don't like it due to pronunciation

Clawprick (Dark/Grass) -> Clawthorn (Dark/Grass) at level 26.

Clawprick
Scavenger Pokemon
Clawpricks use their grassy and prickly coat to hide from predators in the day. At night, they raid city trashcans and cars for food.

Ability: Iron Barbs / Pickpocket
HP: 35
AT: 75
DE: 30
SA: 20
SD: 25
SP: 60

Clawthorn
Bandit Pokemon
Clawthorns work in groups to plot heists in markets and homes. What may seem like a grove full of bushes could well be a den of Clawthorns.

Ability: Iron Barbs / Pick Up
HP: 75
AT: 115
DE: 60
SA: 50
SD: 55
SP: 105
---
If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, be sure to check the enclosed instruction book
#32fedartzPosted 6/18/2013 6:00:42 AM
harle1012000 posted...

Clawprick
Scavenger Pokemon
Clawpricks use their grassy and prickly coat to hide from predators in the day. At night, they raid city trashcans and cars for food.

Clawthorn
Bandit Pokemon
Clawthorns work in groups to plot heists in markets and homes. What may seem like a grove full of bushes could well be a den of Clawthorns.

Do you have any picture of this, i could draw for you if you want.
---
Pararin ririkaru parapora majikaru!
#33Tomar-RePosted 6/18/2013 6:01:43 AM
harle1012000 posted...
Tomar-Re posted...
Talonflame sounds so generic and lame, and unlike most Pokemon names, it has no real reference or pun to it. It's just adding a bird related word to a fire related word. It's like if I named a grass type dog Clawthorn.

Clawprick
Scavenger Pokemon

Clawthorn
Bandit Pokemon

Made my day.
---
PSN: Deathless600 XBL: Lord Gaius
3DS: 5026 4501 0564 Steam: Dirtbag Sinestro
#34EnferolunosPosted 6/18/2013 6:03:49 AM
Tomar-Re posted...

Bad example, even "Clawthorn" is more clever because it sounds like "Hawthorn"
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#35harle1012000Posted 6/18/2013 6:06:14 AM
fedartz posted...
harle1012000 posted...

Clawprick
Scavenger Pokemon

Clawthorn
Bandit Pokemon

Do you have any picture of this, i could draw for you if you want.

No pic sadly. You can if you want, but it's up to you. I have no care either way. Thanks for the notice though. Just use your imagination and have fun with it.
---
If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, be sure to check the enclosed instruction book
#36fedartzPosted 6/18/2013 6:29:49 AM
Okay, here goes...http://sta.sh/02eq1cavask6
---
#37LexifoxPosted 6/18/2013 6:33:39 AM
I think that Talonflame flowers better than Helioptile (that 'p' screws it up) or Mime Jr.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#38javel34Posted 6/18/2013 6:38:00 AM
NekoHime64 posted...
He-lee-op-tile

Nuff said.

Yea that is one of the weirder ones

I've also never heard Cradily's name pronounced and it seems pretty weird to me
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#39harle1012000Posted 6/18/2013 7:05:39 AM
fedartz posted...

Thanks! I was thinking something between the mix of a Grotle and Zigzagoon, but it's very cute. Kinda makes me wonder when we're gonna get more dog pokemon (example: chihuahua, dachshund, corgi, etc.)

Anyways, thanks again and saved!
---
#40fedartzPosted 6/18/2013 7:17:33 AM
harle1012000 posted...
fedartz posted...

Thanks! I was thinking something between the mix of a Grotle and Zigzagoon, but it's very cute. Kinda makes me wonder when we're gonna get more dog pokemon (example: chihuahua, dachshund, corgi, etc.)

Anyways, thanks again and saved!

you're welcome
---