This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Okay people were talking about terrible names, but "Skrelp"? Seriously?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Okay people were talking about terrible names, but "Skrelp"? Seriously?
3 years ago#1
Talonflame might not bow to our mortal tongues without some peril, but unlike Skrelp it doesn't actually grapple with us like the dragon it wishes it was.

Seriously everytime I say Skrelp I feel like a vein in my brain explodes, my eye twitches shut a few millimeters that won't ever open back up, and a little fairy dances across the screen and uses waterpulse on a Ludicolo.
I can't even tell if the fairy is a fairy-type pokemon because of the squinting I'm now being forced into.

Halp. Skrelp. D:
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
3 years ago#2
Scrawny+kelp
THAT'S MR ACE TO YOU PEOPLE
Pokemon X and Y female MC is my waifu
3 years ago#3
Cipher Peon SKRUB begs to differ. <_<
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3 years ago#4
TherianReturns posted...

He's a scrub. >_>;
That's actually a word with a letter switched.

LightningAce11 posted...
Scrawny+kelp

Well, yeah, I know. I looked around before making the topic. But the first time I saw it I read Skrerlp, which was crazy, and even finding the actual name [with just one less letter], it still doesn't seem to want to cooperate with my tongue.

Even just a C instead of a K would be beneficial, but it still just feels so wrong to have letters put together like that.
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
3 years ago#5
Sticky_Derp posted...
TherianReturns posted...

He's a scrub. >_>;
That's actually a word with a letter switched.

LightningAce11 posted...
Scrawny+kelp

Well, yeah, I know. I looked around before making the topic. But the first time I saw it I read Skrerlp, which was crazy, and even finding the actual name [with just one less letter], it still doesn't seem to want to cooperate with my tongue.

Even just a C instead of a K would be beneficial, but it still just feels so wrong to have letters put together like that.

Sorry about your feeble tongue, bro. Rolls off of mine just fine.
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
3 years ago#6
I also like to think it's partially derived from Scalp.
Partially due to its head, but also because of scalping people.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
3 years ago#7
I'm pretty sure it's scrap + kelp, seeing as how it disguises itself as a scrap of kelp.

Anyway, say it like the "sk" in skunk, then "relp." It's really, really not that difficult...
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Okay people were talking about terrible names, but "Skrelp"? Seriously?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived