This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Okay people were talking about terrible names, but "Skrelp"? Seriously?

#1Sticky_DerpPosted 6/17/2013 11:59:14 PM
Talonflame might not bow to our mortal tongues without some peril, but unlike Skrelp it doesn't actually grapple with us like the dragon it wishes it was.

Seriously everytime I say Skrelp I feel like a vein in my brain explodes, my eye twitches shut a few millimeters that won't ever open back up, and a little fairy dances across the screen and uses waterpulse on a Ludicolo.
I can't even tell if the fairy is a fairy-type pokemon because of the squinting I'm now being forced into.

Halp. Skrelp. D:
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#2LightningAce11Posted 6/18/2013 12:03:16 AM
Scrawny+kelp
---
THAT'S MR ACE TO YOU PEOPLE
Pokemon X and Y female MC is my waifu
#3TherianReturnsPosted 6/18/2013 12:03:39 AM
Cipher Peon SKRUB begs to differ. <_<
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#4Sticky_Derp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 12:08:16 AM
TherianReturns posted...

He's a scrub. >_>;
That's actually a word with a letter switched.

LightningAce11 posted...
Scrawny+kelp

Well, yeah, I know. I looked around before making the topic. But the first time I saw it I read Skrerlp, which was crazy, and even finding the actual name [with just one less letter], it still doesn't seem to want to cooperate with my tongue.

Even just a C instead of a K would be beneficial, but it still just feels so wrong to have letters put together like that.
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#5EnferolunosPosted 6/18/2013 1:14:51 AM
Sticky_Derp posted...
TherianReturns posted...

He's a scrub. >_>;
That's actually a word with a letter switched.

LightningAce11 posted...
Scrawny+kelp

Well, yeah, I know. I looked around before making the topic. But the first time I saw it I read Skrerlp, which was crazy, and even finding the actual name [with just one less letter], it still doesn't seem to want to cooperate with my tongue.

Even just a C instead of a K would be beneficial, but it still just feels so wrong to have letters put together like that.

Sorry about your feeble tongue, bro. Rolls off of mine just fine.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#6RethalwolfPosted 6/18/2013 1:42:11 AM
I also like to think it's partially derived from Scalp.
Partially due to its head, but also because of scalping people.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#7FuneralCakePosted 6/18/2013 1:46:09 AM
I'm pretty sure it's scrap + kelp, seeing as how it disguises itself as a scrap of kelp.

Anyway, say it like the "sk" in skunk, then "relp." It's really, really not that difficult...
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif