This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if we had alternate types?

#1radred2004Posted 6/18/2013 1:44:29 AM(edited)
Similar to how we have Dream World abilities... for example:

Charizard is fire/flying, but we could have an alternate Charizard at fire/dragon.
Gyrados is water/flying, but we could have an alternate Gyrados at water/dragon.
Solrock is rock/psychic, but we can have an alternate Solrock at rock/fire.
Lunatone is rock/psychic, but we can have an alternate Lunatone at rock/ice.
Buterfree is bug/flying, but we can have an alternate Buterfree at bug/psychic.

And so on, so forth... only concerns is that it would vastly change battling with others, but it would also add diversity.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138
#2SephirothtPosted 6/18/2013 1:35:22 AM
Why does Gyarados stay the same?

Anyway, no. It would change things far too much with no good reason to change things anyway.
---
Officially faved Ninetales, everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
Facebook: http://alturl.com/juupo
#3radred2004(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 1:44:03 AM
Sephirotht posted...

Anyway, no. It would change things far too much with no good reason to change things anyway.

What do you mean Gyrados stay the same? His second typing would be water/dragon.

No good reason to change things? Have you missed several threads about trying to convert Charizard and Gyrados to dragons? In this way, they keep their original typing, but gain an alternate typing as well.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138
#4SephirothtPosted 6/18/2013 1:55:51 AM
radred2004 posted...
Sephirotht posted...

What do you mean Gyrados stay the same? His second typing would be water/dragon.

No good reason to change things? Have you missed several threads about trying to convert Charizard and Gyrados to dragons? In this way, they keep their original typing, but gain an alternate typing as well.

There's no good reason why they should have dragon typing besides the whining from people who can't accept they aren't part dragon.

And why try to sound smart and hide you made a mistake?
---
Officially faved Ninetales, everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
Facebook: http://alturl.com/juupo
#5gren-aidPosted 6/18/2013 2:34:16 AM
Like Delta Species? I think it could work. They should look different though- e.g an Ice type Cyndaquil would have icicles instead of flames.
---
'When thou enterest into Oblivion, Oblivion entereth into thee.' -- Nai Tyrol-Llar
#6EnferolunosPosted 6/18/2013 2:51:01 AM
radred2004 posted...
Sephirotht posted...

Lol, nice try buddy
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#7paiprPosted 6/18/2013 3:23:29 AM
6 I'm very pro this. Some would argue against it for various reasons. But this sounds like a good idea and a way to shake up old pokemon the way hidden abilities did.
---
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?
#8jEr3mYPosted 6/18/2013 3:27:52 AM
In other words; every Pokemon now has multiple forms.... umm, no thanks... I'm sick of forms.. they're overused and not unique any more, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Xerneas and Yveltal get alternate forms....
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 18 - updated 8 June 2013
#9VideoGameXVPosted 6/18/2013 3:35:18 AM
That would change up the battle system if Pokémon had alternative forms. It would be a game of guessing and luck of which types a Pokemon actually are.
---
Pokemon W2 Friend Code: 4771 6198 2957
#10VideoGameXVPosted 6/18/2013 3:35:44 AM
VideoGameXV posted...
That would change up the battle system if Pokémon had alternative forms. It would be a game of guessing and luck of which types a Pokemon actually are.

I meant types not forms.
---
Pokemon W2 Friend Code: 4771 6198 2957