This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So it's gonna be the same formula for six straight generations?

#1w0 0tPosted 6/18/2013 6:51:00 AM
By same formula I mean Fire-Water-Grass 3 starters, 8 mono-type gyms, Team EvilOrg, mono-type Elite 4 + champion

Because its the same reason people don't get exited for megaman games enough for Capcom to stop making them any more: the same old 8-robot-masters-then-wily-fortress-then-his-disappearing-reappearing-ufo formula

(though deviating too much is also bad, like how EA went with C&C 4, & XCOM becoming a shooter game)

So is it possible that X & Y may get (gasp!) a new, never-seen-in-previous-gens formula or even plot?
---
a tier is a ranking of how a character (or a set of characters) is expect to perform under tournament conditions based on that characters metagame. - SLAPAHO
#2EnferolunosPosted 6/18/2013 6:53:13 AM
w0 0t posted...
So is it possible that X & Y may get (gasp!) a new, never-seen-in-previous-gens formula or even plot?

No. It's literally impossible.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 6/18/2013 7:03:18 AM
Well, we already know that there are three starters and at least two gyms (Bug gym confirmed to be the first gym). And the gameplay is the same. We might not have an evil team, but I'm pretty sure there will be one (the name has to start with S).

Also, when Skyward Sword came out and had a different formula, it got bashed to the moon and back. Sometimes, change is bad (although I thought Skyward Sword was a good game...).

I, for one, am quite fine with the series the way it is. If I wanted to play a Pokemon game with different gameplay, I'd pull out a spinoff. Whenever I'm just tired of Pokemon in general, I *gasp* pull out a different game entirely.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#4JacornonthecobPosted 6/18/2013 7:04:59 AM
Wait, people bashed Skyward Sword for that? That's stupid. But anyway, we don't know much about the game still.
#5SH076UNNERPosted 6/18/2013 7:05:33 AM
Unlike what you say about Megaman, Pokemon fans will always be excited for a new game. Since this is a NEW generation with a whole bunch of NEW Pokemon, regardless of the same formula, the new Pokemon are what most people care about. You're probably the first person i have seen that wants a change in the formula, so that means you're most likely in the minority and Gamefreak wouldn't want to make a game based on what the minority thinks and wants, unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind a new formula, a new change. For example, different typed starters would be a good change. Changing 8 gym badges to compete in the Pokemon league will NOT ever change, however, maybe adding in post Elite Four gym battles in like a new area to compete for a smaller tournament would be suitable. Travelling to a past region like in Gold and Silver should be brought back for sure, and i know most people would agree on that one since it makes the game last longer.

I guess if you're demanding change and not happy with the golden formula, then you will be in the minority. But if you would like to see change in some areas of the formula but still accept the current formula , most people will agree with you.
#6PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/18/2013 7:07:25 AM
Whenever I'm just tired of Pokemon in general, I *gasp* pull out a different game entirely.

Whenever I'm just tired of Pokemon in general, I *gasp* pull out a different game entirely.

This, and that, and that one over there.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Platinum(493/493 now a 3 Star Trainer!), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online), Rocket Knight Adventures(Sega Genesis)
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 6/18/2013 7:12:22 AM
Jacornonthecob posted...
Wait, people bashed Skyward Sword for that? That's stupid. But anyway, we don't know much about the game still.

Yeah. That's one of the reasons I've seen.
The other two major ones are the motion controls being for everything (I admit that swimming took it too far) and Fi.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#8adgamerPosted 6/18/2013 7:16:48 AM
I like the same formula as it reminds me of the good old days when I first played Red.
---
Time waits for no one.
#9EnferolunosPosted 6/18/2013 7:17:00 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...

Yeah. That's one of the reasons I've seen.
The other two major ones are the motion controls being for everything (I admit that swimming took it too far) and Fi.

Fi was the only big complaint I had. I understand they wanted to guide less experienced players, but they had a "pro" interface option, why not a "pro" Fi/help option?
Didn't ruin the game or anything, I still loved it, I just wish I could have shut her up.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#10LexifoxPosted 6/18/2013 7:18:20 AM
People got tired of Mega Man's formula?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod