This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember what happened last time Pokemon added types to a gen?

#11NightinanglePosted 6/18/2013 11:10:04 AM
RDS1 posted...
The difference is no one thought their masculinity was being threatened by playing a game that had Dark or Steel types.

They am get over it. Killing my hype for fairy type. ^.^
---
Klonoa, Chrom, Priam, Shadow, Ink/paper Mario, Vaati, Pac-man, Capt. Alph, Bomberman, Dixie Kong, Newtwo, Shulk For SSB4
I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7
#12pokemonfreak97Posted 6/18/2013 11:12:09 AM
hiphops_savior posted...
They had to add two new types because of how broken Psychic types really are.

Yeah. It's scary when you consider that despite how awesome Dragon types are, they only merit half the response after 4x the time that Psychics did.
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#13kwando1313Posted 6/18/2013 11:14:46 AM
Dragon types honestly weren't that OP. >_>
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#14w0 0tPosted 6/18/2013 11:15:14 AM
Steel became a fan favorite and still usually wins (or comes in a close second) "best gen" polls?
I don't recall that...
---
a tier is a ranking of how a character (or a set of characters) is expect to perform under tournament conditions based on that characters metagame. - SLAPAHO
#15TAZZisCOOLPosted 6/18/2013 11:34:33 AM
RDS1 posted...
The difference is no one thought their masculinity was being threatened by playing a game that had Dark or Steel types.

its cause people think a VIDEOGAME can determine masculinity and they are 100% idiot's plain and simple
---
my pokemon white 2 friend code (0648-6197-2904)
#16RDS1Posted 6/18/2013 11:39:13 AM
CM_PLUNGE posted...
RDS1 posted...

So you never used Clefairy, Chasnsey, Jiggs or anything in the fairy egg group? or even Jynx, Meloetta, etc.

What are you talking about? I'm excited for Fairy-type, and Meloetta is one of my favorite Pokemon.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#17gamester_12345Posted 6/18/2013 4:26:11 PM(edited)
Likes the Battle Network Series, people can't really hate Gen 1, because despite it's flaws (mostly Psychic's dominance, weird type balance like Bug/Poison) it was finding its place, Gen 2 took the rough edges and smoothed them out.

Dunno how adding more types makes a generation a winner...i mean before R/S came out, attempting to add in socialization bonuses and forcing Legendaries as part of a plot, G/S/C was pretty much beloved, plus it made a lot of use of the Gameboy.

Sorta hard to compare a 3D game that hasn't came out yet to a game that has added new types, if it is counting DP's special split, then there might be something up.

EDIT: For anyone curious about BN, here's a list of my preference; ordering from worst to best is probably: 1, 4, 5, 6, 3, 2, like i said, 1 was finding it's place, 4's story is extremely bad but i praise that it attempted to add in Navi Attacks as Chips....for multiplayer tournaments only.

For Pokemon, it has to be RBY, RS, GSC, FRLG, E, DP, Pla, HGSS, BW2, BW, i put BW2 below BW because it wasn't totally original plus it shoved stuff like Pokestar in your face to continue in the story)
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#18Emerald_MeliosPosted 6/18/2013 4:32:04 PM
RDS1 posted...

That's just a vestigial organ though.
#19mehmetskiPosted 6/18/2013 4:34:38 PM
jakovu posted...
RDS1 posted...

Why do people feel their masculinity is being threatened by Fairy-type? I mean, they're already playing Pokémon.

thanks!
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon