This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

T/F - Did you cry when you first saw Pokemon: The First Movie?

#41TherianReturnsPosted 6/18/2013 3:45:44 PM
I don't remember.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#42JarickoPosted 6/18/2013 3:47:07 PM
Tortus2 posted...
Yeah, I remember watching it in the cinema when I was a kid and I cried at that scene.

On a similar note, Butterfree leaving Ash still makes me cry even now.

I will agree on the butterfree and the pikachu episode where he was going to leave pikachu.
#43mehmetskiPosted 6/18/2013 3:50:57 PM
no. i was a soulless monster even back then when i was 5. but honestly, i didnt cry. i knew it was a movie (a cartoon!) and it was fictional and also that ash just had to win, seeing he was the protagonist. so no.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#44Ultima546Posted 6/18/2013 3:54:15 PM
Defender31415 posted...
Ultima546 posted...
True.

It's too touching not to be a tearjerker. I don't know if I cried any the first time I saw it because I was fairly young and probably didn't fully comprehend the events, but if I watched it today I bet I'd get a little teary-eyed. I know I do when I go back and rewatch 2000.

Wha... why was 2000 sad?

Nostalgia mostly, but it's also a very touching and moving... Um... Movie. The scenes where the Bird trio gets encapsulated in those steel cages and sucked into the air ship, or when the girl (can't remember her name) is playing the song on the ocarina-like object are both heartfelt.

The global climate changes because of what the villain does during the movie and the Pokemon respond to it. That's pretty serious stuff to stomach.
---
This signature is reserved for a witty remark... of which I have none.
#45SlimeStackPosted 6/18/2013 4:00:03 PM
I cried because Pikachu got upset when his clone was trying to beat him up, and when he cried over Ash's death. It didn't occur to me to feel sad about Ash at all...
---
Awaiting: AC4, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I, Zelda: ALBW
#46Defender31415Posted 6/18/2013 4:13:07 PM
Ultima546 posted...
Defender31415 posted...
Ultima546 posted...
True.

It's too touching not to be a tearjerker. I don't know if I cried any the first time I saw it because I was fairly young and probably didn't fully comprehend the events, but if I watched it today I bet I'd get a little teary-eyed. I know I do when I go back and rewatch 2000.

Wha... why was 2000 sad?

Nostalgia mostly, but it's also a very touching and moving... Um... Movie. The scenes where the Bird trio gets encapsulated in those steel cages and sucked into the air ship, or when the girl (can't remember her name) is playing the song on the ocarina-like object are both heartfelt.

The global climate changes because of what the villain does during the movie and the Pokemon respond to it. That's pretty serious stuff to stomach.

I agree it's serious, but not as dark as the first movie. Remember, 2000 gave us the following dialogue:

Misty: "He's a boy and he's my friend, but he's not my boyfriend!"
Tracey: *runs up* "You talkin' about me?"
*winces*
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax), Caitlin (Kadabra)
#47KeeperOfShadowsPosted 6/18/2013 8:40:36 PM
SlimeStack posted...
I cried because Pikachu got upset when his clone was trying to beat him up, and when he cried over Ash's death. It didn't occur to me to feel sad about Ash at all...

This. Even though I was like, 9-10, I knew Ash would make it somehow.

But Pikachu's tears just killed me...
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#48fedartzPosted 6/18/2013 8:49:13 PM
Anyone here watched One Piss, I don't understand why someone would cry over Ace death...
---
Pararin ririkaru parapora majikaru!
#49nightblade_hawkPosted 6/18/2013 8:53:37 PM
I didn't watch the Movie, but I saw that particular scene.

No, I didn't cry. I thought it was weird and Random.
#50Count_BlackPosted 6/18/2013 9:05:49 PM
The first time I watched the movie, I didn't cry. Because I was a child, I simply thought that a Pokemon movie was about the coolest thing in existence.

Now that I'm an adult and can fully comprehend what's going on and the meanings behind the events (especially after the scene with Amber made sense out of later events in the movie)...I cry every single time I watch it now.

The emotions in this movie are powerful, the themes are dark and heart-wrenching, I resonate strongly with the idea of a tormented soul trying to find his place in a such a chaotic world where everything seems turned against you, and watching our favorite electric mouse endure heavy abuse because he wants to make a point that fighting is pointless really, REALLY speaks to me.