This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chances of trade between this and black 2?

#1Leviathan342Posted 6/18/2013 3:25:49 PM
Hi guys I was wonder how likely it will be that pokemon in black and white 2 can be transferred to X and Y. I was considering collecting pokemon from older games to use in X and would be annoyed if it was all for nothing.

Also does anyone have a link to a chart or something that says which games can trade with each other?

Thanks
#2warnerbromanPosted 6/18/2013 3:28:06 PM
they are working on it,
---
I never heard of warnerbroman [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/chun-lifan/chun-li/prima2.jpg[/IMG] you can't stop staring can you?
#3FuneralCakePosted 6/18/2013 3:29:48 PM(edited)
The chances of trade? Zero. Chances of transferring from gen 5 to gen 6? 99.9%.

As for the chart you want...

- All games in a generation can trade with each other. (ie., Red can trade with Green, Blue, and Yellow, Gold can trade with Silver and Crystal, Ruby can trade with Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen, etc.)
- RGBY can trade with GSC, but GSC can't send over gen 2 Pokemon or gen 1 Pokemon with gen 2 moves.
- RGBY and GSC cannot transfer to gens 3, 4, 5, or 6.
- Gen 3 can transfer to gen 4.
- Gen 4 can transfer to gen 5.

(transfer is a one way thing, just in case it wasn't clear)
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif
#4jayman7Posted 6/18/2013 3:30:22 PM
Trade = possible but unlikely. Transfer = let us hope; GameFreak has already brought it up but didn't exactly entirely confirm it.

Everything from the first two generations (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green in regions that have it, Gold, Silver, and Crystal) is trade-compatible, but Pokémon and moves not in the first gen games can't be traded to them.

Everything within a given generation is fully trade-compatible with everything else in the generation, and everything third-gen and later can be transferred to any game the next gen up.

Third: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green (also, Colosseum and XD can trade with any of these, but not each other, and they can't transfer to the fourth gen.)

Fourth: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver

Fifth: Black, White, Black 2, White 2
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5jayman7Posted 6/18/2013 3:31:54 PM(edited)
FuneralCake posted...
The chances of trade? Zero.

Now now, not zero. It happened before (once) and it can happen again.

Will it? Well, probably not, but it theoretically can.

Direct communication is probably impossible, but who knows how a go-between app would work? If it's a long-term box app, it could be possible to send Pokémon backwards a gen.
---
#6FuneralCakePosted 6/18/2013 3:35:14 PM
Okay, 0.0000000000000000000000001% :p
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
http://i.imgur.com/a95OQPq.gif
#7Leviathan342(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 3:40:48 PM
Awesome thank you :D

What are the theory's on how transferring from gen 5 to 6 will work?
I think it would be cool if there was some kind of pokemon storage app you could download to off the eshop which later versions will be compatible with.

Does soul silver transfer like the 4th gen games?
#8jayman7Posted 6/18/2013 3:55:55 PM(edited)
Leviathan342 posted...
Awesome thank you :D

What are the theory's on how transferring from gen 5 to 6 will work?
I think it would be cool if there was some kind of pokemon storage app you could download to off the eshop which later versions will be compatible with.

That or something like it is largely agreed to be the most likely option.

There's also the possibility it could be entirely online - sorta like the Dream World - but I hope not; can you imagine the server issues in the first week?!

One option I considered is that your Pokémon storage is literally on your 3DS's SD card in the sixth-gen games (which would carry both benefits and problems), which would really simplify the transfers - the transfer application would essentially be the sixth-gen storage. (The problems with this? You lose your Pokémon collection if something happens to your 3DS and can't be fixed, can't access your collection on other 3DSes, storage issues if you play multiple games with the same 3DS and SD card... though it would make starting over without losing your collection much less of an issue.)

Does soul silver transfer like the 4th gen games?

Soul Silver is a fourth-gen game. You can take third-gen transfers at the Pal Park (it's in the same location as Kanto's old Safari Zone), and it can do transfers to the fifth gen the same way as any other fourth-gen game.
---
#9Meta289Posted 6/18/2013 3:49:58 PM
Well, Dream Radar has shown that 3DS applications can interact with DS games, so an application that you download from the eShop isn't out of the question.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#10Leviathan342(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 4:05:16 PM
A cloud server system could be cool in future, you could upload your pokemon to the cloud and then retreive them on any gen, on any system. Funny how that's the one use of this cloud nonsense that interests me despite how much it's being plugged these days.