This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New move ideas

#1PheonixFFire7Posted 6/18/2013 2:45:56 PM
Germinate
----------
Type: Grass
Category: Status
PP: 20
*Effected by Rapid Spin
*Can stack up to 3 times
Effect: Hurls a radiating seed onto your opponent's side of the field that steadily begins to grow.

This move works in conjunction with:

Detonate
--------
Category: Special
Power: 150 (each)
Accuracy: ---
PP: 5
Effect: Triggers all seeds planted with Germinate to explode, dealing damage to all targets on the side of the field they were planted on.

This pair of moves adds a completely new type of hazard: Bombs. You can plant up to three seeds with Germinate, and then trigger the explosion with Detonate. Each planted seed will deal damage as its own attack when forced to explode. However, these two moves are not linked to a specific Pokemon. Once seeds are planted, ANY Pokemon on the field that uses the move Detonate will trigger all seeds to explode. So no Pokemon in your party needs to have half its moveset devoted to this combo - you can have two Germinators, and then 4 Detonators, if you want to build a whole team around this gimmick.

However, since any Pokemon with Detonate can explode the planted seeds, this also means that your opponent can prematurely detonate any seeds on the field. So, they could theoretically wait for you to Germinate their field, switch in a Sap Sipper Pokemon, and Detonate themselves, eating up each blast for an Attack boost. Another thing to keep in mind is that Detonate triggers ALL seeds to blow up, even seeds on your side of the field. So, if your opponent seeds you as well, you may want to think twice before pressing Detonate.

To calculate damage: Whoever used the move Detonate is the one who has their stats factored in for damage calculation. So, if you used Smeargle to use Germinate, but then used Celebi to Detonate, it's Celebi's Sp.Atk stat that is calculated for damage.

Firewall
-----------
Type: Fire
PP: 15
Effect: Creates a wall of fire across the field for 5 turns that damage all who cross it.

This would primarily be a move used for doubles/triples. When this move is used, it creates a new type of hazard that basically divides the field down the middle horizontally. So, whenever a Pokemon needs to cross the fire wall to attack (usually contact moves), that pokemon takes damage. The damage is based on type, much like Stealth Rocks. Other effects:

-Pokemon with Flash Fire get their ability activated if they cross the flames.
-Certain moves, like Surf, put out the fire.
-Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate aren't harmed by Firewall, since they fly over it to attack.
-Certain moves bypass the firewall, even if they aren't ranged attacks. These moves include, but are not limited to: Bounce, Fly, and Dig.
-If Rain is in effect, Firewall lasts for 3 turns, instead of 5. If Sun is in effect, Firewall lasts indefinitely until it is manually put out.

Corrosive Spray
----------
Type: Poison
Power: ---
Accuracy: 100
PP: 20
Effect: Sprays the target with a powerful acid that can burn through armor. Removes Steel's immunity to Poison.

Nothing too interesting here, just thought it should exist.

Trailblazer
-----------
Type: Fire
Category: Physical
Power: 60
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
Priority: +1
*Makes Contact
Effect: A fiery tackle that hits so fast it leaves a trail of fire behind the user.

A move for the bulky fire-types out there that aren't quite fast enough, such as Emboar, Flareon, Entei, and Magmortar.
#2mehmetskiPosted 6/18/2013 2:48:40 PM
id love to post some but atm i dont have ideas. still, i like TCs ideas.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#3Noctus3Posted 6/18/2013 2:49:30 PM
mehmetski posted...
id love to post some but atm i dont have ideas. still, i like TCs ideas.

---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#4nro87Posted 6/18/2013 2:53:44 PM
Pretty decent ideas. Definitely original stuff I would not have thought of. However, why would Trailblazer be stronger than other priority moves? Make it 40 BP just like Bullet Punch, Aqua Jet, Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Ice Shard, Vacuum Wave, and Shadow Sneak or make it 80 like Sucker Punch and Extremespeed.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#5mehmetskiPosted 6/18/2013 2:55:08 PM
nro87 posted...
Pretty decent ideas. Definitely original stuff I would not have thought of. However, why would Trailblazer be stronger than other priority moves? Make it 40 BP just like Bullet Punch, Aqua Jet, Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Ice Shard, Vacuum Wave, and Shadow Sneak or make it 80 like Sucker Punch and Extremespeed.

but with 80 it would need a downside like sucker punch and extreme speed
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#6nro87Posted 6/18/2013 4:02:22 PM(edited)
mehmetski posted...
nro87 posted...

but with 80 it would need a downside like sucker punch and extreme speed

What is Extremespeed's downside? Its Normal typing? Because it definitely isn't the fact that it is +2 priority where every other move listed in my post is +1. I'm not sure what downside you are referring to.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#7Krio Lv3Posted 6/18/2013 4:11:29 PM
Grasping Vines:
Category: Stage Hazard like Spikes.
PP: ??
*Effected by Rapid Spin, as well as Lave Plume and various Fire moves.*
Effect: Releases Vines on the opponents side of the field, whenever a Pokemon switches in, it has a chance of being Tangled up, and not being able to take their turn.

Sticky Web
Type: Bug
Category: Stage Hazard like Spikes.
PP: ??
*Effected by Rapid Spin, as well as Lave Plume and various Fire moves.*
Effect: Plants a Sticky Web on the opponents side of the field, when a Pokemon is Summoned while this hazard is in place, their Speed decreases by one stage.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#8RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/18/2013 4:18:15 PM
When a pokemon switches in, they can't act anyways... Do you mean on their next turn?
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#9PheonixFFire7(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 4:23:22 PM(edited)
nro87 posted...

I had a reason, but I forgot what it was exactly lol. I think its because I originally had a secondary effect with Trailblazer where it would damage switch-ins because of the trail of fire left behind, but I scrapped the idea because it just seemed better as a simple priority move, and never went back to change the damage to reflect that. 40 BP makes sense, unless I made it an Extremespeed clone...but that would be too good.

Edit: I remember now. The move was originally going to be a Fire-type combo of U-Turn and Quick Attack, but with the switch-in damage drawback. Basically, a priority move that forces the user to switch after use, and the drawback would be that the fire trail left behind would damage the incoming Pokemon. That's why I set the power to 60, because it's between U-turn (70) and Quick Attack's (40) power. I altered this later because having both priority and auto-switching in one move seemed way too good, even with the slight drawback. I ended up reworking the whole "fire trail" thing and just made a whole new move, Firewall, out of it.
#10Krio Lv3Posted 6/18/2013 4:22:19 PM
RoleOfGSHC posted...
When a pokemon switches in, they can't act anyways... Do you mean on their next turn?

Oh, sorry, yes, the effect of Grasping vines would remain until it's gone, every turn they'ed have a chance of being Tangled Up, however, Fire Types moves, which are common, would eliminate the hazard.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon