This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: a move with 100% freeze status is made....

#1Noctus3Posted 6/18/2013 3:01:56 PM
But the freeze status mechanics are changed, giving a 25% chance the poke will defrost on first two turns, and have a 50% percent chance of waking up on subsequent turns. It's like spore with a few tweaks, but another turn for ensured inability to attack.

Oh, and its a rare move that only two pokemon get.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#2SorrowOfAcheronPosted 6/18/2013 3:04:41 PM
I've been waiting for a move like this; don't know why it hasn't been made.
Also, if you don't thaw out in the first turn, is it harder to in the next turns?
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron, RageOfFenrisulf
Eurynome, Lv.200 Sorcerer
#3Callista08Posted 6/18/2013 3:08:34 PM
Freeze should start off 100% first turn of enemy. Then go down 10% every turn after that. So longer the freeze the less likely it stays. So essentially it could last a while. It could last 1 turn. Kind of up in the air.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3653-9864-6035
Pokemon White FC: 4641-8614-2897 (5th Gen Edits only)
#4JustinTheJaggedPosted 6/18/2013 3:13:52 PM
They could also make ice moves have a higher chance to freeze when getting a STAB, making some with a 100% freeze chance. Unless that is already the case and I just haven't noticed.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#5Noctus3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 3:20:06 PM
SorrowOfAcheron posted...
I've been waiting for a move like this; don't know why it hasn't been made.
Also, if you don't thaw out in the first turn, is it harder to in the next turns?

First/second turn: 25% chance to unfreeze
Every turn after: 50% to unfreeze

So, the chances relatively high.

I also think Ice body needs to be changed to regenerating 1/8 of HP. It's not very fair that poison heal gets that and this ability doesn't.
---
#6tiomastaPosted 6/18/2013 3:22:21 PM
Sleep clause has existed since always. Making a freeze-o-wisp move would just be a second sleep which people probably wouldn't take kindly to.
---
There are three types of people in the world: people that can count, and people that can't.
#7acerola-orionPosted 6/18/2013 3:27:15 PM
freeze is awful and i hate it and it should not exist
#8Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 6/18/2013 3:43:04 PM
spore + freeze move = sleep clause broken

they would have to make a freeze/sleep clause, where only 1 pokemon can be frozen/slept at the same time
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#9Noctus3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 3:44:00 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
spore + freeze move = sleep clause broken

they would have to make a freeze/sleep clause, where only 1 pokemon can be frozen/slept at the same time

That'd be fine by me. It'd help out ice types.
---
#10PheonixFFire7Posted 6/18/2013 3:49:57 PM
Only if along with this change to Freeze they add new toys to abuse it with, and change the mechanics so that now ALL Fire attacks used by the frozen Pokemon can defrost itself. (While we're at it, more contact moves should remove Sleep, but that's another issue).

Some examples:

Abilities:
Ice Armor: Defense is maxed while Frozen.
Freezer Burn: Whenever this Pokemon is Frozen, its Frozen status is replaced with Burn.
Cryogenerate: This Pokemon heals 1/4th of its max HP each turn while Frozen.
Frozen Form: This Pokemon becomes Ice-type while Frozen.
Brain Freeze: While Frozen, this Pokemon can still use Psychic-type moves.
Synchronize: Now passes on Frozen status as well
Guts: Now increases Attack while Frozen as well

Moves:
Shatter: Always deals critical damage to frozen targets, but removes the Frozen status.
Absolute Zero: Deals massive damage to all targets that aren't Ice types or Frozen.
Stalagmite: The user telepathically lifts itself while frozen, and crashes into the foe with its frozen body.
Tantrum: The user becomes so enraged that its body temperature increases. Increases Attack by two stages, and the user becomes immune to the Frozen status. The user is defrosted if this is used while Frozen.
Teleport: Now has a new effect that lets the user remove itself from within the block of ice, removing the Frozen status. Also lets the user remove itself from trapping effects and things like Leech Seed.
Psycho Shift: Can now be used while Frozen
Sunny Day: Time spent frozen is cut in half when in the sun.