This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: a move with 100% freeze status is made....

#11Krio Lv3Posted 6/18/2013 4:59:55 PM
PheonixFFire7 posted...
Only if along with this change to Freeze they add new toys to abuse it with, and change the mechanics so that now ALL Fire attacks used by the frozen Pokemon can defrost itself. (While we're at it, more contact moves should remove Sleep, but that's another issue).

Some examples:

Abilities:
Ice Armor: Defense is maxed while Frozen.
Freezer Burn: Whenever this Pokemon is Frozen, its Frozen status is replaced with Burn.
Cryogenerate: This Pokemon heals 1/4th of its max HP each turn while Frozen.
Frozen Form: This Pokemon becomes Ice-type while Frozen.
Brain Freeze: While Frozen, this Pokemon can still use Psychic-type moves.
Synchronize: Now passes on Frozen status as well
Guts: Now increases Attack while Frozen as well

Moves:
Shatter: Always deals critical damage to frozen targets, but removes the Frozen status.
Absolute Zero: Deals massive damage to all targets that aren't Ice types or Frozen.
Stalagmite: The user telepathically lifts itself while frozen, and crashes into the foe with its frozen body.
Tantrum: The user becomes so enraged that its body temperature increases. Increases Attack by two stages, and the user becomes immune to the Frozen status. The user is defrosted if this is used while Frozen.
Teleport: Now has a new effect that lets the user remove itself from within the block of ice, removing the Frozen status. Also lets the user remove itself from trapping effects and things like Leech Seed.
Psycho Shift: Can now be used while Frozen
Sunny Day: Time spent frozen is cut in half when in the sun.

I LOVE THIS!

And the idea that Freeze would have a 25% chance to unfreeze after the second turn. and 50% after that.

I've wanted a Freeze move for ages.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#12Krio Lv3Posted 6/18/2013 5:03:18 PM
Sorry to DP, a couple more Ideas.

Instead of 100% chance though, make it 70-80%, and make it 85-95% chance in Hail.
Like Scald, I wouldn't mind a Special Flying move with a chance to Freeze, like a strong wind with a bite to it.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#13andrewx72Posted 6/18/2013 5:09:02 PM
A pokemon with Guts won't be able to attack while frozen, so the attack bonus is useless.
---
Don't eat blue melons.
Black 2 FC: 2022 7568 3773
#14PheonixFFire7Posted 6/19/2013 4:09:50 PM
andrewx72 posted...
A pokemon with Guts won't be able to attack while frozen, so the attack bonus is useless.

Did you not see the parts where I suggest making new moves and abilities to abuse Freeze? >_>

I don't see why there couldn't be some method of abusing an Attack boost while Frozen. Some form of Sleep Talk equivalent for freeze. Just because there isn't an obvious method that currently exists doesn't mean one could be made. That's basically the whole point of my post - I want a revamp to the freeze status, but only if they add techniques to fully abuse it like Sleep.
#15yzmanPosted 6/19/2013 6:14:17 PM
Unfortunately I really don't see the point in this...aren't we just making freeze a superior or inferior sleep this way?

Right now its clearly superior to sleep, but very hard to make someone frozen. I say its fine as is.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#16JarickoPosted 6/19/2013 6:31:38 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
spore + freeze move = sleep clause broken

they would have to make a freeze/sleep clause, where only 1 pokemon can be frozen/slept at the same time

Or they would just ban the 100% freeze moves and continue as is.
#17FatReuniclusPosted 6/20/2013 10:39:34 AM
How 'bout this?
Freeze:
Starts at 5% chance of thawing, every turn goes up by 5%--10% in Sunny weather.
Getting hit with Fire Type moves or Scald ups it by 15%
Getting hit by Ice Type moves subtracts 5% from the chance counter.
Rock Smash and Brick Break has a 50% chance of shattering the Ice.
---
I wish Reuniclus was my dad...
#18FatReuniclusPosted 6/20/2013 10:50:55 AM
PheonixFFire7 posted...
Only if along with this change to Freeze they add new toys to abuse it with, and change the mechanics so that now ALL Fire attacks used by the frozen Pokemon can defrost itself. (While we're at it, more contact moves should remove Sleep, but that's another issue).

Some examples:

Abilities:
Ice Armor: Defense is maxed while Frozen.
Freezer Burn: Whenever this Pokemon is Frozen, its Frozen status is replaced with Burn.
Cryogenerate: This Pokemon heals 1/4th of its max HP each turn while Frozen.
Frozen Form: This Pokemon becomes Ice-type while Frozen.
Brain Freeze: While Frozen, this Pokemon can still use Psychic-type moves.
Synchronize: Now passes on Frozen status as well
Guts: Now increases Attack while Frozen as well

Moves:
Shatter: Always deals critical damage to frozen targets, but removes the Frozen status.
Absolute Zero: Deals massive damage to all targets that aren't Ice types or Frozen.
Stalagmite: The user telepathically lifts itself while frozen, and crashes into the foe with its frozen body.
Tantrum: The user becomes so enraged that its body temperature increases. Increases Attack by two stages, and the user becomes immune to the Frozen status. The user is defrosted if this is used while Frozen.
Teleport: Now has a new effect that lets the user remove itself from within the block of ice, removing the Frozen status. Also lets the user remove itself from trapping effects and things like Leech Seed.
Psycho Shift: Can now be used while Frozen
Sunny Day: Time spent frozen is cut in half when in the sun.

I like only these ones, but Ice Armor should let you move in exchange for minimizing your speed too.
Teleport would be very useful now!

These I would very much like to see!!
---
I wish Reuniclus was my dad...
#19SteveBobPosted 6/20/2013 10:55:54 AM
How about you thaw out faster than you do now but your speed stays at half for a turn, then 3/4 and then finally hits max again?
---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104
#20TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 6/20/2013 10:58:36 AM
yzman posted...
Unfortunately I really don't see the point in this...aren't we just making freeze a superior or inferior sleep this way?

Right now its clearly superior to sleep, but very hard to make someone frozen. I say its fine as is.

this.
---
It's a pleasure when you treasure all that's new & true & gay!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 We are one having fun walking in the glow of love..