This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would banning hidden power do to the metagame?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What would banning hidden power do to the metagame?

User Info: pokemon2poker

pokemon2poker
3 years ago#1
Other than cause a mass outrage...

Hmmmmm
A+E

User Info: Jaricko

Jaricko
3 years ago#2
Confusion.. Mostly. Hidden power is not that good.

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#3
Suddenly, movesets EVERYWHERE become less effective.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.

User Info: pokemon2poker

pokemon2poker
3 years ago#4
Wouldn't the tiers change to some degree since certain pokemon may lack the coverage needed to be deemed useable?
A+E

User Info: PheonixFFire7

PheonixFFire7
3 years ago#5
I kinda feel like it should be, sometimes. Lack of coverage of a certain type is supposed to be one of the limitations with Pokemon, and Hidden Power sort of negates that when you can have a decent attack of any type. Though, the fact that it's only for Special attackers mitigates that a little. At this point though, removing it would likely do far more harm than good. Many Pokemon become far less usable without it, and a lot of things can't be checked without the proper hidden power to scare them off.

User Info: master_gamr1231

master_gamr1231
3 years ago#6
PheonixFFire7 posted...
I kinda feel like it should be, sometimes. Lack of coverage of a certain type is supposed to be one of the limitations with Pokemon, and Hidden Power sort of negates that when you can have a decent attack of any type. Though, the fact that it's only for Special attackers mitigates that a little. At this point though, removing it would likely do far more harm than good. Many Pokemon become far less usable without it, and a lot of things can't be checked without the proper hidden power to scare them off.

Well, what would you think if they added a new, physical Hidden Power move? Like when they created Giga Impact as a companion to Hyper Beam?
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!

User Info: TherianReturns

TherianReturns
3 years ago#7
Question: What's up with your Santa Monica parody videos?
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about

User Info: wahaha199

wahaha199
3 years ago#8
So many butts would hurt for ever
RETURN OF THE LAUGH!!!
MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

User Info: PheonixFFire7

PheonixFFire7
3 years ago#9
master_gamr1231 posted...
PheonixFFire7 posted...

Well, what would you think if they added a new, physical Hidden Power move? Like when they created Giga Impact as a companion to Hyper Beam?

Then I would probably feel like movesets in general would need a complete revamp (and I already do feel that way to some extent). Too many Pokemon have access to so many types of attacks now, and Hidden Power has contributed to that. Adding a physical variant of any attack type to all physical Pokemon would just start making things feel ridiculous for me. I still don't get why every damn thing with a tail can learn Aqua Tail, or being a Psychic-type basically means you're automatically a candidate to learn Trick.

Hidden Power wouldn't be so bad to me if it was only learnable by a select few Pokemon that could effectively utilize it as a surprise option. But it's basically a universal move, and standard on a lot of things just to fill gaps in coverage that they naturally shouldn't have coverage for. I don't think that's a good thing. The only thing limiting it is that it's strictly special-based (or physical-based pre Gen IV). If it had a universal physical equivalent, it would just make the game feel shallower to me.

User Info: Tatakai-No-Kami

Tatakai-No-Kami
3 years ago#10
certain pokemon are completely dependent on having HP to function. without it, offense would take a huge blow. its probably the most competitive move in the game.
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What would banning hidden power do to the metagame?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived