This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would banning hidden power do to the metagame?

#11moneyman82Posted 6/18/2013 4:50:46 PM
Gengar would commonly carry Icy Wind
---
The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic.
Charles Darwin
#12JDM_JevPosted 6/18/2013 4:58:12 PM
Special Attackers get an undeserved nerf. Tons of pokemon with crap movepools otherwise are left to rot.

Expect even less strategy from hyper-offense teams in general as they cram as many physical sweepers on a team as possible.
---
DIY
drill dat oil up in yo oatmeal
#13JarickoPosted 6/18/2013 5:20:51 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
Wouldn't the tiers change to some degree since certain pokemon may lack the coverage needed to be deemed useable?

Grass types would be severely crippled as offensive threats. That is the main one.
#14CakeOfLiesPosted 6/18/2013 5:22:45 PM
master_gamr1231 posted...
PheonixFFire7 posted...
I kinda feel like it should be, sometimes. Lack of coverage of a certain type is supposed to be one of the limitations with Pokemon, and Hidden Power sort of negates that when you can have a decent attack of any type. Though, the fact that it's only for Special attackers mitigates that a little. At this point though, removing it would likely do far more harm than good. Many Pokemon become far less usable without it, and a lot of things can't be checked without the proper hidden power to scare them off.

Well, what would you think if they added a new, physical Hidden Power move? Like when they created Giga Impact as a companion to Hyper Beam?

Woo!
Scizor gets a coverage move!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.