This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible that there will be more than 3 starter choices?

#1gladwyn101Posted 6/18/2013 5:07:02 PM
According to the official website, all four characters besides you also get a Pokemon and Pokedex.

www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/friends/
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#2RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/18/2013 5:09:10 PM
Probably not. If that were the case, there'd need to be a four way dynamic instead of the current three way dynamic we have going on.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#3koopabros64Posted 6/18/2013 5:12:52 PM
I do wonder what the other characters will end up with.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#4JustinTheJaggedPosted 6/18/2013 5:15:23 PM
More than likely just Serena or Calem will have one of the starters, and likely the one that is strong against the one you pick. The others will probably have pokemon suited to their personalities instead of just one of the starters.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#5KeldeothegreatPosted 6/18/2013 5:15:40 PM
koopabros64 posted...

The fat kid who I assume is somehow related to the professor (they all look at him when asking if they can get their starters) will have vaniltie probably.

Trevor will get a start poke
The other PC will get a starter

Shauna will get gothielle or mincinno I bet.

85%chance.
#6MyNameIsNotJenPosted 6/18/2013 5:21:42 PM
Keldeothegreat posted...
koopabros64 posted...

The fat kid who I assume is somehow related to the professor (they all look at him when asking if they can get their starters) will have vaniltie probably.

85%chance.

I doubt it, since I'm about 97.8% positive that they'll give them all new Gen VI Pokemon :)
---
~KPop is the only great Pop <3~
~BlackJack, VIP, Be2ty, Kamilia~
#7jayman7Posted 6/18/2013 5:30:30 PM
We've already seen the starter selection screen. If there were more than three choices, I'd think we'd know by now.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8NightinanglePosted 6/18/2013 5:32:22 PM
Keldeothegreat posted...
koopabros64 posted...

85%chance.

I think close, but the fat kid gets an eevee that evolves into sylveon, and he gives to you, so "somebody gives you his starter" rumor is true.
---
Klonoa, Chrom, Priam, Shadow, Ink/paper Mario, Vaati, Pac-man, Capt. Alph, Bomberman, Dixie Kong, Newtwo, Shulk For SSB4
I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7
#9ZTIger5Posted 6/18/2013 5:37:11 PM
No, it's been confirmed we only get to choose between the fire, water and grass starters.

My prediction is that Serena/Calem's pokemon will be the one strong against yours, and the other three will be locked to recieve a specific pokemon: Shauna = Chespin, Tierno = Froakie, Trevor = Fennekin. That's just my theory, of course. It's possible that all of them depend on who the player chooses, but there's no telling until we get into the game.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#10gladwyn101(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 6:11:19 PM
jayman7 posted...
We've already seen the starter selection screen. If there were more than three choices, I'd think we'd know by now.

The e3 video says "game footage not final."

If I had to guess though, the other two starters could be Eevee and Pikachu.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon